Business Development Lead
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
The Business Development Lead is in charge of developing business solutions focused on generating company revenue. This role will manage client accounts as well as developing unique and innovative business plans to drive the company forward.
Who We're Looking For
If you are someone who enjoys leading efforts to launch and direct-to-consumer e-commerce business to drive revenue and brand growth for Zappos, this is the role for you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prioritizing D2C brands based on market data, strategic insights and Merchandising’s key priorities
- Creating and leading the direct-to-consumer strategy road map
- Brainstorming with the business development team to create new project strategies
- Managing company and brand expectations
- Reviewing timeframes and budgets
- Executing sales objectives
- Managing brand accounts
- Developing, pitching and selling marketing solutions to D2C brands
- Working with teams to ensure D2C brands are properly taking advantage of advertising opportunities on Zappos
- Arranging business meetings and one-on-one conversations with prospective brands
- Negotiating sales contracts
- Preparing sales contracts; following company rules and guidelines
- Building trust and long-term relationships with brands
- Managing records of sales, revenue, and other important data
- Researching the market and industry trends
- Working closely with the buying and marketing teams to understand the site merchandising and brand content to optimize visits and sales
- Working alongside marketing, buying and creative teams internally to develop or leverage content for promotion and engagement
- Forecasting and managing acquisition and revenue targets
- Leading testing and innovation to optimize marketing effectiveness and ROI
- Developing KPI’s to track the business and inform strategy
- Collecting, analyzing and communicating all D2C KPI’s across the organization to codify learnings and enhance decision making
- Optimizing the customer experience to improve conversion, increase repeat purchases, and drive customer loyalty for D2C brands
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
What You’ll need To Bring
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing and/or account management and advertising solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Marketing, Business or equivalent (preferred)
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer and D2C brand
- Previous experience leading or managing a team
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!