Human Resources Business Partner
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for acting as a strategic HR partner for the organization’s leadership on employee relations matters.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing specialized advice on HR matters to employees and leaders
- Advising on the employee termination and transition processes for the organization’s leaders
- Overseeing the employee termination and transition processes
- Coordinating with the organization’s Legal division on necessary employee relations matters
- Conducting any necessary analyses on division or team to develop solutions, programs, and policies to help solve operational or morale issues
- Reporting employee relations trends to Human Resources leadership
What you'll bring to the table:
- A minimum of 5 years of employee relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or related field or equivalent experience
- Exposure to employee benefits, recruiting, training, and employee engagement preferred
- Experience and proven success in planning, leading, and implementing human resources initiatives and projects
- Curious and comfortable with ambiguity, can shift gears without angst, and decide and act without having to have the total picture
- Comfortable making decisions
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels of leadership
- Able to thrive and contribute in Zappos’ unique culture, informed by our core values and governed by our holacratic structure
- Ability to work amongst numerous distractions and take work direction from more than one person and prioritize accordingly
- A leader by example for collaboration; will be the standard bearer for working effectively and peacefully across functional groups, including HR
- Highly discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
- Sense of humor required
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!