Sr. Marketing Analyst
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Zappos’ L.A.-based in-house Creative Studio is looking for an experienced Senior Marketing Analyst to join its team. This role will work closely with our branded content, creative marketing, performance marketing and merchandising teams, as well as liaison with our top brand partners to help provide extensive reporting and insights for omni-channels campaigns, activations, content and social strategy and our boutique on-site verticals. Ours is a best-in-class studio, bringing to the table a wealth of brand, agency, and publishing experience spanning Nike, Adidas, WhoWhatWear, Teen Vogue, W, Martha Stewart, Shopbop, Net-a-Porter, and Gucci.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Senior Marketing Analyst is responsible for leading the conversion of raw data and quantitative feedback into meaningful and impactful insights for our brand marketing teams. This individual will collaborate with internal and external partners to provide best-in-class marketing campaign reporting, ad-hoc analyses, and forecasts to support execution and measurement of all online and offline content and evaluate creative efficacy at touch points in the customer journey. The ideal candidate will be data-driven but can also zoom out and identify patterns, signals and trends both internally and in the marketing and retail industry. We’re looking for someone passionate about showing the efficacy of and guidance on optimization of our brand marketing campaigns as well as strategic insight to unlock new opportunities with our brand and platform partners. We are looking for someone who brings constant innovation and forward thinking to the table, is goal and client KPI driven, is strategically minded, respects process, and is a team player.
This role will work closest with teams based in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, but the position is available for remote work.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide and present compelling quarterly marketing performance reports that amplifies merchandising and marketing's narrative and value proposition for our top brands
- Work with cross-functional marketing teams to aggregate and analyze data
- Pull raw data for campaign recaps across all channels, monthly content insights and ad-hoc reports to inform the creative marketing roadmap and strategy
- Work with variable marketing analysts to inform a test and learn roadmap across the marketing department
- Work with brand account managers to provide data visualization and storytelling and present out to Zappos and our partner’s leadership teams
- Evaluate existing data measurement tools, recommending and implementing additional analytics vehicles to create dashboards/reports and drive optimal data management to advance measurement for creative, branded content and social teams
- 7+ years experience in converting raw marketing data and quantitative feedback into meaningful and impactful insights
- Advanced Excel experience
- Experience with e-commerce business models
- Understanding and experience in attribution platforms and methods, both causal and direct
- Experience presenting client facing marketing recaps and action plans to leadership teams
- Proven record of determination and ownership of KPIs, designing methods for measuring/tracking content across multiple platforms and systems
- Advanced experience building and interpreting custom models for brand lift, incrementality and customer engagement
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to aggregate and analyze data and improve/implement analytics tools/processes
- Intermediate SQL experience
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Python and/or R Studio
- Experience with Tableau, Facebook Business Manager, Instagram Insights, Curalate, Sprinklr, Google Analytics, etc...
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!