Project Manager- Creative Studio
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We're Looking For:
Zappos’ L.A.-based in-house creative studio is looking for Project Manager help oversee creative workflows and keep our projects running efficiently, helping deliver best-in-class 360 campaigns. From highly shareable events to scaling new verticals, Zappos is building new programs and capabilities to bring more energy and effectiveness to brand marketing. The studio team is made up of creatives, content and social-media strategists; art directors; style editors; and producers who nerd out on engaging creative, executed with a channel-specific, data-driven approach. Members of team have worked at Nike, WhoWhatWear, Teen Vogue, W, Martha Stewart, Shopbop, Net-a-Porter, and Gucci, among many other top brands.
If you are someone who enjoys managing creative projects, strategic problem solving, and keeping a team organized + on track, then this role is for you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Managing day-to-day operations from beginning to end for recurring creative studio owned projects
- Working collaboratively with our branded partnerships PM and owning the creative portion of those campaigns
- Building out timelines and assigning creatives for creative studio owned + internal projects
- Running weekly priorities meetings for creative studio team and identifying potential risks
- Coordinating and building strong working relationships with various cross functional teams including Engineering, Merchandising, Editorial Production, and Variable Marketing
- Maintaining project management and asset management tools
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
What You’ll Bring To The Table:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as project manager or a producer at an integrated agency or production company.
- Experience working with creative teams, freelance/agency support, and engineers.
- Proven experience managing a high volume of consumer-facing creative and campaign types in parallel.
- Extensive knowledge of project management, timelining, and organization tools.
- Demonstrated experience running large engagements and integrated creative projects.
- Experience with various projects types, including web, mobile, video and brand.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with multiple team members across departments (account managers, creative leads, graphic designers, leadership team members, engineers, etc.)
- Excellent communication, and stakeholder management skills.
- Superb attention to detail, good judgement, and listening skills.
What Really Excites Us:
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer
- Agency + Production experience
- A detail- oriented self-starter who sees an obstacle as a opportunity
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!