Sr. UX Designer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Do you love solving customer problems? Are you passionate about Customer Service? Do you love to have fun? The Digital Customer Experience team is hiring a Senior UX Designer to join our cross-functional team
We are in search of a talented and experienced Designer with extraordinary problem-solving aptitudes, well-defined communication skills, and solid design instincts who can interpret business needs into extraordinary customer-focused solutions. Ideal candidates are self-starters who bring imaginative ideas and fresh methodologies to each project they work on. They are approachable, flexible, and prosper in collaborative work environments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyze UX problems and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business requirements and goals
- Incorporate market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into design
- Rapidly and iteratively create interaction flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups throughout the design process
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications
- Present design work to the UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as executive leadership and project stakeholders
- Collaborate with designers and other cross-functional teams to foster a design-driven culture
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5 - 10 years of professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar
- Experience with design and technologies for iOS, Android, and common web frameworks
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
- Process driven, possess strong interaction design skills, careful focus to detail and have a concrete understanding of user centered design principles
- Experience defining and monitoring success through site analytics/metrics
- Ability to obtain user data and research (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively
- Experience using Sketch and Figma as design and prototyping tools
- Experience with version control tools for designers, such as Abstract
- Experience working and collaborating in a remote environment
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers