Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you'll be doing:
- Mass produce 200+ quality and accurate product videos per day.Use provided Mac computers and editing software (Adobe Premiere/Adobe CS) to edit product videos.
- Occasionally appear on camera to demonstrate products.
- File conversion–knowledge of optimal web codecs and preparing videos for the web is a must.
- Look out for any potential legal issues regarding products.
- Assure quality in all videos including, but not limited to, double checking that all product videos are complete with intro, outro, body and model shot when necessary.
- Assisting video stylist in confirming authenticity and quality of product representation.
- Hide and unhide videos daily to keep the most accurate and up-to-date videos on Zappos and 6pm sites.
- Edit special projects as needed (ie. how-to videos, music videos, training videos, etc).
- Stay up to date on all file/shooting formats.
- Track all reshoots for video stylist by organizing and responding to all JIRA tickets and buyer requests.
- Contact buyers/content coordinators for product information including brand/product pronunciation, features, etc.
- Maintain in-house equipment and studios according to maintenance schedules.
- Meet and exceed productivity standards while working safely, adhering to quality standards, and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Keep work area neat and organized at all times.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Must foster and promote the “10 Core Values.”
- Must be committed to “Wowing” our customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Most importantly, you must be familiar with and exemplify the Zappos core values and culture.
- Knowledge of shoes, bags, apparel, fashion and pop culture is a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced-level knowledge in the science of videography and video editing.
- Intermediate to advanced-level knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Creative Suite. Must be able to color correct, adjust volume levels, add text, add music tracks, export, etc.
- Basic knowledge of video/photo lighting.
- Professional knowledge of video file types and the conversion process (ie. mov, flv, wmv, mp4, avi). Knowledge of conversion software such as MPEG Streamclip and Sorenson Squeeze is a huge plus.
- Advanced PC skills including proven experience with web browsers, proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel), and experience using e-mail programs such as Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Creative but comfortable with repetitive work.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong follow through and problem solving skills needed.
- Must be a team player and be willing to adapt to change.
- Positive attitude is a must.
- Have fun with your work but meet strict video daily goals.
- Must be a self-starter.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!