Area Manager - Operations Excellence
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Training staff and monitoring their performance and progress
- Communicating with other departments, staff groups and customers
- Overseeing stock control and processing orders
- Ensuring quality, delivery and budget objectives are met
- Delivering and fulfilling objectives and directions from the operation's headquarters
- Carrying out responsibilities for the use of automated and computerized systems
- Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email, fax and telephone
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and planning future capacity requirements
- Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Briefing team leaders on the issues for that particular day
- Visiting customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving
- Ensuring the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
- 5 to 7 years in a Supply Chain/Operations/Logistics Lead/PM role.
- Experience in a WMS environment strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of distribution environments, including purchasing, inventory and warehouse operations.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!