Merchandising Product Manager
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Merchandising Product Manager
Are you excited and passionate about digging into business processes and providing enhanced business and technology solutions for merchandising? Do you thrive in an area of ambiguity and constant change and challenge? Are you super excited about driving and owning process changes and working cross-functionally with multiple teams to understand the business process and how best to improve to drive overall profitability? As a merchandising product manager at Zappos you will deliver a consistent flow of capability improvements across our merchandising operations with the goal of delivering happiness to our customers and business partners.
What you'll be doing:
- Work cross-functionally with other product managers, technology architects and the merchandising business owners on product vision and strategy for our merchandising capabilities and providing enhanced business solutions with the end goal of improving processes and profitability for the company
- Own a portion of products in merchandising from strategy to backlog and contribute to execution
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our customer and market and work tirelessly to identify and assess new opportunities to improve the experience and process
- Ensure we are building the right products and feature to obtain the maximum benefit for the minimal amount of work while defining and tracking KPI's and iterating on constant improvement
What you bring to the table:
- Energetic and passionate about developing new and improved systems and tools for the business and love seeing your work come to fruition, working with many cross functional teams to create results
- Can speak well to understanding the merchandising side of the business along with the product solutions needed to drive results
- Are an awesome communicator that can rally support for a product vision and strategy
- Are disruptive in your thinking and are constantly looking ahead to what’s next
- Know how to prioritize with your gut and data
- Have a passion for bringing merchandisers and technologists together to deliver amazing solutions all while understanding how these solutions will impact the overall business
- Are a master technician when assessing and defining product opportunities through detailed requirements and prototyping
- Are data-driven and have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- 2 or more years of product management experience for retail merchandising and/or merchandising experience in planning or strategy with a focus on developing products and solutions for the teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or closely related field; MBA a plus
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers