Sr. Manager Inventory Management (Buying)
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
The Inventory Management Team is focused on strengthening the “science” that drives inventory health and enhancing processes to best serve our customer. The team is responsible for managing on-site inventory levels as well as driving analysis and optimization of the systems to ensure we provide the right product, at the right price, at the right time, to the customer. Additionally, the team drives initiatives that improve contribution profit, stock out levels, customer experience, and operational performance.
Who We're Looking For
Zappos is looking for an experienced Senior Manager of Inventory Management that has a customer focused mindset when determining how best to plan and manage inventory. If you are someone who enjoys using data to drive decisions, strives to WOW customers, and loves to develop people into leaders, you will want to apply to this role.
The Senior Manager of Inventory Management plays a critical role in delivering the ideal customer experience, ensuring we have the right product quantities, in the right places, at the right time. To achieve this, the Senior Manager of Inventory Management works to continuously drive system and process automation with key internal teams. Inventory Management owns the operational components of the Brand Profit & Loss Statement and is responsible for executing operational strategies to optimize sales, margins, turns, and inventory health.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our Company Core Values.
- Navigating a rapidly changing landscape, while handling multiple responsibilities
- Owning the operational components of the Brand Profit & Loss Statement
- Ensuring we have the right product quantities in the right places, at the right time
- Executing operational strategies to optimize sales, margins, turns, and inventory health
- Integrating key metrics with broader business metrics to make decisions and deliver optimal customer experience
- Turning non-automated processes into automated processes and/or explains the value of keeping the action manual utilizing data to drive decision making
- Utilizing and improving the standardized thought processes for decision making
- Collaborating with and influencing cross functional departments
What You’ll Need to Bring
- A minimum of 7 years of analytics, merchandising or equivalent retail experience
- A minimum of 5 additional years of process improvement experience
- A minimum of 5 years of managerial experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Operations, Merchandising, or related field or equivalent experience
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer
- Advanced degree preferred
- Exceptional business judgment, strong communication skills, and a practical and logical approach to getting things done
What you didn't know about the team:
The Team plays a critical role in the Circus. We are the jugglers - juggling the Past, Present, and Future.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!