Retail Store Operations Lead
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
We are looking for a responsible lead to oversee the workflow at The Outlet powered by Zappos. The Retail Store Operations Lead is expected to perform a wide variety of tasks. The lead is responsible for ensuring that all business initiatives are implemented and executed per Company standards.
Leads will assign daily tasks such as area coverage, communicate current promotions and other relevant information, and verify all cash tills and completion of work by associates. Additionally they will be responsible for opening and closing of the store, and completing nightly reports. They will offer feedback to associates on their performance, providing coaching as needed and serve as a link between associates and upper management.
The Ideal candidate should have experience organizing work groups, coaching employees, monitoring progress, enforcing rules and ensuring quality compliance. You must possess strong communication and leadership skills, while putting customer service at the forefront of daily operations. Ideal candidates will be able to act in a lead capacity in the absence of a manager.
What you'll be doing:
- General customer service duties such as providing information; answering questions; assisting on the sales floor; and handling escalated customer concerns
- Maintains a respectful, professional store environment
- Communicates store priorities as determined by store management and delegates tasks to Sales Associates prioritizing workload within their function and evaluates work of team members
- Assisting the manager in organizing, planning and implementing store strategies
- Opens and closes the store per company guidelines
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Audits and approves register transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge of merchandise, in-store promotions and consistently executes promotional and visual best practices
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge
- Is knowledgeable and follows all store safety, loss prevention and emergency procedures
- Providing leadership, motivation and direction to all employees to perform their best and provide exceptional customer service
- Monitoring, auditing and maintaining store inventory levels, and quality
- Evaluating and tracking employee performance
- Ensuring all employees adhere to company’s policies, guidelines and culture
- Acts as a mentor to coach employees and offers feedback
- Time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Customer service focus
- Sharp business mind set
- Attention to detail
- Experience with performance evaluation processes
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Responsibility, reliability and trustworthiness
- Sales planning experience is a plus
- Problem-solving attitude
- Self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development and improvement
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or moved up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent walking and standing
- 2+ years of customer service or equivalent
- 1 year of prior proven experience as a lead; preferably in a retail store environment
- Experience leading teams
- Stable work history
- Event planning and social media experience are a plus
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Associates or Bachelors in Business is a plus
- The whole team loves to WOW their customers!
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!