Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage Procurement Ticketing Queue and process requests
- Maintains records of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts, and payments.
- Monitoring inventory levels and determining purchase needs to avoid supply shortages.
- Building and maintaining positive, long-term supplier relations.
- Assists to achieve cost savings initiatives and KPIs
- Perform weekly non-inventory counts
- Help prepare cost-benefit analysis reports, generate monthly supply cost reports.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Assist in negotiating favorable procurement contracts with selected vendors and suppliers
- Serve as primary liaison with Zappos AP/ KY vendors to resolve invoicing/billing issues
- Attend and participate in meetings as assigned
- Key contributor to improve KY Procurement processes/best practices and performance
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, business administration, or accounting
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with data and creating reports
- Procurement/purchasing background highly desirable
- Solid understanding and aptitude of financial and accounting fundamentals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude, lives/breathes the Zappos Core Values
- Exemplary time management, thinks strategically, can juggle multiple projects.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!