Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Zappos.com, Inc. is looking for a Security Analyst!
Why join us? Our unique culture has made Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For 6 years straight.
Find out why: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies/
Why else? We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
And . . . we're hiring like crazy right now and looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class and fairly wacky team.
Oh, and one more thing! Cover letters are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?! Show us who you are with a cover letter VIDEO! You will be able to upload one when applying for this position. (Video cover letters are not required, but if you wanna do one, we wanna see it!)
The Security Analyst holds a key position on the Information Security team and will have a broad scope of responsibilities such as detecting and responding to potentially malicious security events and alerts, improving incident detection and response capabilities, and assisting in the implementation and on-going support of new and existing security technologies.
What you'll be doing:
- Create, tune, and compile metrics of Zappos security devices, along with documenting Information Security processes and procedures
- Assist Security Engineers with the implementation and management of security solutions for a complex business environment. Maintain awareness and vigilance of emerging threats
- Conduct real-time analysis using Splunk and other security monitoring tools with a focus on identifying malicious activity while tuning alerts to limit false positives
- Continually assess Zappos security posture and conduct gap analysis on monitoring capabilities
- Review and perform regular audits on security controls as well as new and existing security technologies to identify operational effectiveness
- Manage and support a diverse security infrastructure including events from firewalls, DLP, IDS.IPS, Proxy, endpoint security, vulnerability scanners, and other network monitoring tools
What you'll bring to the table:
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in system, network, and/or application security
- Experience working in a SOC function
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Experience with log and packet analysis tools and techniques
- Preferred experience with the following tools/technologies: Cylance, DarkTrace, FireEye, Fortinet/Fortimail, Imperva, McAfee, HTTP Proxy, Trend Micro, Syslog, Splunk, AWS environments, CASB, Email Gateway, IPS/IDS
Zappos.com, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and drug free workplace.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers