Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead creative and operational teams to create high quality imagery at scale. Seeks to find the right balance between creative and operational imperatives to meet customer and business needs. Implements innovative imaging solutions that enhance customer experience (on time and within budget), drives continuous improvement, scales production to meet high volumes, and drive greater efficiency while maintaining quality. Builds strong relationships with retail, technology, finance, external vendors and logistics partners while motivating a team of people to deliver results.
- Responsible for leading all functions within the studio and meeting operational goals, including overseeing operational and creative teams
- Ensures teams are appropriately resourced to deliver against business and operational objectives
- Manages changing priorities and implements plans (staffing, space planning etc.) to meet business needs
- Manages budget based on forecast and target metrics
- Oversees studio-wide safety and loss prevention programs
- Creates external partnerships with vendors/agencies to leverage resources and cost advantages
- Uses customer feedback, metrics and other data to drive improvement and innovation for imaging
- Monitors industry and competitive trends/innovations
- Identifies opportunities to improve tools, systems and processes and partners with right teams to drive innovation
- Provides leadership, mentoring, training, development and performance management to Operational and Creative leaders
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5-10 experience in a high volume, high production, operations environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing teams in flexible environment
- Demonstrates outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a “whatever it takes” mentality and jump in wherever the work needs to be done
What you didn't know about the team:
- If our entire team stood on each other’s shoulders we would be as tall as a brontosaurus
- Collectively we can harmonize, when needed, to any Hall & Oates tune.
- We discovered what actually came first between the chicken or the egg, you find out when you get hired.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!