Senior Product Designer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
You will work on a small, fast-paced team, to build and iterate on solutions. You work closely with developers, and our clients to produce high-end digital design solutions and interactive concepts, as well as traditional branding and graphic design concepts. You will use your visual design, user experience, and interface design skills to bring life and vitality to our digital products. You should possess the ability to create fresh ideas that will appeal to a diverse customer base. We're looking for people who live for design and love to collaborate. You will be at the heart of the creative process and should feel comfortable working autonomously to find usability and interaction design solutions. Preference will be given to designers with skills in other areas as well, be it software development, music, video editing, photography, electronics, or motion graphics.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working within a cross-functional team to launch new micro-businesses in and outside of Zappos.com.
- Finding new ways to incorporate the values of Zappos customer service through all of your work.
- Creating engagement-driven and digital storytelling experiences for mobile web and native applications.
- Intentionally moving quickly from concept and wireframe to build and iterate on tangible design solutions.
- Working in a team environment and contributing to the team's ideas.
- Engaging with multiple internal customers to support their business needs by building thoughtful digital experiences.
- Aside from developing customer-facing digital experiences, you will be responsible for helping build internal tools to help make your ideas possible.
- Confidently managing and prioritizing a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion.
What you'll bring to the table:
- You have extensive experience designing for digital campaigns and web builds with an excellent understanding of the technical possibilities and limitations of digital production.
- You have interface design skills, including motion.
- You have strong design skills and principles that extend beyond digital into branding, print, typography, fashion, etc.
- You are comfortable discussing and explaining your solutions with non-technical staff.
- Experience in brand building and establishing a brand platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Motion, UX, UI, or Experience Design or equivalent.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates excellent and strategic creative solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, drive, passion and a curious mind.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers