Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Compile financial information to prepare monthly journal entries for various sales/cost/inventory related and other GL accounts
- Prepare account reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts and investigate variances
- Analyze large quantities of data related to sales/cost/inventory and provide meaningful data to management
- Collaborate with Financial Systems Team to perform testing of ERP implementation/changes
- Identify, investigate, and communicate any technical accounting issues and out of the ordinary activities within the ERP systems
- Provide relevant data to assist FP&A with monthly forecasts
- Collaborate with team to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop accounting knowledge and reporting packages
- Review the deliverables of staff accountant to ensure accuracy of financial data
- Drive general process improvements and maintain documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle as well as the continued development and documentation of our accounting policies and procedures
- Mentor staff accountant to help them succeed in their role
- Assist with other tasks as needed
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field
- Strong conceptual accounting knowledge and attention to detail
- Excellent logical analysis and research skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent follow up, documentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be agile and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems (SAP experience preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills
- E-commerce experience preferred
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!