Software Development Engineer- Architecture
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our team. This role will be focusing on development of our infrastructure services and applications. The ideal candidate will have experience in driving software features from design to implementation and enjoy development in a software ecosystem that evolves rapidly. Being a strong communicator that is easy going and is familiar with the software development lifecycle is important. You and your team will be responsible for the technical design, implementation, and maintenance of the systems used by customers and other development teams.
What you'd be doing:
Software Development Engineer responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- A desire to make work fun and enjoyable.
- Will help develop, test, and manage the customer-facing applications and services using modern technology and methodologies.
- Participate in planning to achieve technical goals.
- Participate in code reviews within the team.
- Ensure operational excellence through monitoring, and incident handling.
- Communicate and coordinate changes to groups outside of development.
- Capturing and analyzing data to improve system capabilities
What you'd bring to the table:
- Bachelors in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Solid computer science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms)
- Good understanding of SQL and a general knowledge of databases.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages.
- Familiarity with cloud computing services.
- Familiarity with building web services.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication skills.
What really excites us:
- Experience with distributed systems and nonrelational databases.
- Experience with Java, Python, and C/C++ programming languages.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Masters degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers