MBA Developmental Rotational Program
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing: The Zappos.com MBA Leadership Development Program is an exciting opportunity that provides high achieving MBA candidates an opportunity to accelerate their career, while directly influencing critical business functions. This 2-year program intends to successfully develop a pipeline of future leaders through a combination of challenging cross-functional assignments, leadership training, continual coaching & development, and exposure to senior leadership. The program includes four cross-functional rotations within Finance, Marketing, Portfolio, and Business Strategy, each lasting approximately six months. There is no pre-established sequence of assignments. Instead, the path will be designed to broaden a collection of skills and interests as well as reflect Zappos’ business needs. Each rotation is designed to show case how, at Zappos, we can balance being a strategic data driven company with our unique company culture.
- Project manage strategic initiatives and ensures timely and accurate execution across different areas of the company
- Work with stakeholders across the company to continue developing the operational muscle behind key initiatives required to execute Zappos’ business strategy
- Create and gather data and analysis to measure the adoption and buy-in of various initiatives
- Collaborate with other program participants to analyze company performance and present findings and recommendations to senior leadership that help drive the company forward
- Create process documentation, user manuals and other rollout materials
- Deploy strategic solutions to provide feedback to the next wave of evolutionary enhancements
- Design and implement solutions regarding decision models, processes, and systems
- Identify service level requirements in all steps of the process design and deployment
- Prioritize implementation steps based on change management strategy and plan
- Provide perspective on proposed solutions and process changes, researching concerns and collaborating with solution lead to make adjustments that will improve the overall implementation success
- Work effectively across functions and as contributing member of a fast paced team
Responsibilities by Areas of Focus:
Finance: Responsible for analyzing sales performance and overall company performance across all sales channels. Responsible for owning segments of the daily and month-end reporting to Zappos senior leadership, as well as Zappos’ parent company, Amazon. Collaborate with e-commerce stakeholders to provide actionable insights to the business. Develop visual representations to articulate input and output metrics into actionable recommendations. and provide insight into financial and statistical data. Responsible for preparing budgets, forecasts, and financial reporting package (Monthly Business Review) and analyses
Marketing: Responsible for developing and executing on strategy related to different Marketing campaigns, channels, and initiatives. Work with area stakeholders on audience behavior, trends, and strategy to determine campaign performance. Improve processes and business performance by analyzing the appropriate data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
Portfolio Analysis: Responsible for working closely with e-commerce stakeholders to create and maintain an inventory portfolio that drives profitability and growth for the organization’s e-commerce business. Analyze product lifecycle and extract insights on pricing and channel behavior. Assist in the development of projects that improve the efficiency of Merchandising systems, processes, and procedures. Collaborate with business stakeholders to improve profitability and customer performance. Develop business and inventory assortment plans that support sales, profit, and customer target goals. Manage sales, profitability, inventory, open-to-buy, and assortment forecasts. Pair analysis with next actions from appropriate parties to improve business health and develop actionable insights. Utilize insights and analysis to inform future open-to-buy decisions and inventory management tactics
Strategy: Program manage strategic initiatives and overall roadmap of future growth opportunities. Help identify strategic opportunities that drive the business forward. Bring together mental models, competitive data, industry trends, and internal data to identify opportunities for growing the business.
- Graduating with an MBA after May June 2018 and before June 2019 with a focus in Finance, Business Strategy, Economics, or other related field.
- Have a passion for analytics
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills
- Thrive in a high-performance culture
- Can grasp complex business problems and formulate creative, yet practical solutions
- Possess a long-term view of career development and advancement
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!