Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Are you passionate about delivering great customer experience and collaborating on product definitions with product teams? Are you interested in learning how the Zappos Family internal financial tools are being built? If so, you have found the right fit!
We are looking for a seasoned Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. The successful QA Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing of our in-house financial tool, as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems.
We need people who are enthusiastic about writing software automation tests to ensure that we deliver the greatest customer experiences and quality to our internal leaders across the company. Be part of growing initiatives in one of the best customer-focused brands online today!!
What you’ll be doing:
You will be building and maintaining an automated test infrastructure for a major internal financial product with the goal of minimizing manual testing. You will also be responsible for evaluating product functionality and creating manual, automated, integration, and regression testing strategies and test cases to assess product quality. You will work to integrate with continuous deployment infrastructure to establish a build and test cycle, establish processes and tools to maintain automation scripts, and generate regular test reports.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5-7 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- working as part of a product development organization that has delivered consumer oriented products in the web and mobile space
- writing automated tests of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed tool-sets
- coordinating testing activities among multiple teams
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and data structures
- Highly developed problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Understanding of all software layers including UI, service, data store, and communication layers
- Technical Knowledge:
- Substantial experience with coding using Python, Bash
- Experienced with industry standard test automation tools such as Selenium, Enzyme, or BrowserStack
- Knowledge of SQL and how to analyze complex queries is beneficial
- Knowledge of Splunk and AWS technologies are advantageous
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
- ISTQB/ASTQB Certified Tester, Foundational Level is an asset
- Experience leading a Quality Assurance team is an asset
- Knowledge of/experience with enterprise financial systems is a huge bonus
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
That’s okay! We are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class technology team. Leave your information and once we open our next role and you meet what we’re looking for, we’ll reach out to you!
Zappos Tech typically hires for the following positions:
- Product/Program/Project Managers
- Data Scientist/Data Analysts
- Technical Project Managers
- Software Engineers
- Frontend Engineers
- UX Designers
- Mobile Engineers
- Network, Security and System Engineers