Retail Store Operations Assistant Manager
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you be doing:
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
- Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
- Monitor and maintain store inventory
- Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
- Coach and support new and existing Sales Associates
- Monitor retail operating costs, budgets and resources
- Handle complaints from customers
- Conduct regular audits
- Time card management
- Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
- Assisting the manager in organizing, planning and implementing strategy
- Coordinating retail store operations
- Ensuring store schedules and objectives are met by employees
- Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years’ experience in a retail setting
- Working experience in a supervisory role preferred but not required
- Flexible work schedule
- Associates degree in Business or equivalent experience preferred
- Sharp business mind set
- Interpersonal and mediation skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer Focus: The ability to proactively strive to address customer concerns and needs.
- Problem Solving: The ability to cognitively process a difficult question/process/idea to find a solution.
- Reading and Writing for Comprehension - Using writing in conjunction with reading to strengthen comprehension.
- Time Management: The ability to organize and plan how to divide your time between specific activities.
- Relationship Management: A strategy in which a continuous level of engagement is maintained between a business unit and its audience.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!