Retail Store Operations Team Member
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide a friendly atmosphere at all times by greeting each guest as they walk in the door and continuing a positive interaction until they leave.
- POS proficiency to ensure speed of service and accurate transactions that meet company standards.
- Ensure cash handling procedures are done to standards.
- Being aware and infusing a hospitable interaction with guests at all times.
- Communicating issues and morale concerns to leadership team.
- Taking initiative to support store operations including operating machines, prep, and cash register.
- Able to lift 25lbs, stand for long periods of time, and repeated motion
- Knowing all inventory products.
- Ensure that you clean as you go.
- Integrity in following all safety/store policies and procedures.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Office Productivity Software Utilization – Working Experience: The knowledge and ability to work with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
- Customer Focus: The methodical application of knowledge, skills, and techniques for guiding a project from start to finish.
- Money Handling: The process of receiving and giving money in a business at the point of sale or in basic cash accounting.
- Reading and Writing for Comprehension: Using writing in conjunction with reading to strengthen comprehension.
- 1+ years of customer service experience.
- Must possess strong problem solving skill.
- Must have a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
What you didn’t know about the team:
- The whole team loves to WOW their customers!
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!