Junior Property Associate
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
The Jr. Property Associate will assist the Property Manager with day to day operations and customer relations through the coordination of customer request and administration of maintenance services.
Who We're Looking For
If you are someone who enjoys aiding in the preparation of monthly reporting, emergency response, disaster recovery process and procedures, and serve as a backup contact when the property manager is unavailable as well as working on safety initiatives and assisting in the Workman’s Compensation process this role is for you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Processing of worker’s compensation claims.
- Maintaining proper disposal of medical waste per regulation by state environmental and health departments, and federal agencies such as OSHA, FDA, and CDC
- Assisting with the maintenance of safety records, including safety training documentation
- Answering and routing customer requests to the appropriate contact within the campus operations team and/or dispatch personnel based on immediate needs
- Updating and maintaining tenant information manuals (Zappos equivalent is campus operations’ confluence pages) and customer contact channels
- Maintaining and updating insurance certificate databases for all campus repair and maintenance vendors/contractors
- Publishing customer request metrics to the team and confluence page on a regular periodic basis
- Assisting with the scheduling of all contractor work and sending of impact notices to customers
- Maintaining organized filing of contracts, work orders, purchase orders, insurance certificates, building drawings, etc.
- Management of assigned contracts: conducting inspections of assigned vendor’s work, requesting purchase orders for assigned contracts, approving invoices for assigned vendors, and working with legal team to ensure assigned contracts are in compliance with best practices
- Submitting financial reporting for assigned vendor contracts (totaling approximately $100,000 annually) to Property Manager
- Assisting with performing periodic property inspections and recommends to Property Manager alterations, repairs and maintenance
- Supporting team soft services such as meeting scheduling, meeting preparation, conference room reservations, food services, etc.
- Researching, purchasing, and maintaining an optimal inventory of building maintenance and safety supplies.
- Assisting with special projects, as needed. Projects may be related to building, safety, or leasing administration.
What You’ll need To Bring
- A minimum of 2+ Years of commercial property management or equivalent experience (preferred).
- Bachelors’ Degree in Real Estate or equivalent (preferred)
- Associates Degree in property Management (optional)
What Really Excites Us
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!