Social Media Editor
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Who We Are
Zappos’ L.A.-based in-house creative studio is looking for Social Media Editor help shape their social channels. From highly shareable events to scaling new verticals, Zappos is building new programs and capabilities to bring more energy and effectiveness to brand marketing.
This role will be instrumental in extending Zappos’ current brand promise—that they are the company for everybody and everybody—into the contemporary, inbound marketing sphere of emotion-oriented, content-led shopping. The studio team is made up of creatives, content and social-media strategists; art directors; style editors; and producers who nerd out on engaging creative, executed with a channel-specific, data-driven approach. Members of team have worked at Nike, WhoWhatWear, Teen Vogue, W, Martha Stewart, Shopbop, Net-a-Porter, and Gucci, among many other top brands.
Who We're Looking For
If you are someone who enjoys pitching and curating all things social, this role is for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Manage social content calendar (content development & publishing) across our social platforms, with a core focus on Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.
- Write unique and engaging social copy for all @Zappos social properties (feed post captions, stories copy, YT video titles/descriptions, paid ad captions)
- Optimize channel creative and copy to hit performance targets, regularly evolving our content strategy & testing out new ideas
- Collaborate with social CLT (customer service) team to collect community sentiment, address any customer escalations or feedback stemming from organic social channels
- Regularly contribute with content ideas, new storytelling formats, creative treatments and social-first campaign ideas
- Develop and execute partner social sharing plans with both internal & external stakeholders, ranging from Zappos for Good to branded partnerships, merchandising and PR.
- Asset management and organization of social creative and content
- Propose creative strategies in collaboration with marketing leadership
- Research audience preferences and discover current market-measures to stay on top of new trends
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in social media management
- Strong social copywriting skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with fellow social team members and broader Marketing org
- A mix of strategic marketing chops and a strong creative eye
- College degree or equivalent
What Really Excites Us
- Previous digital marketing e-comm experience; preferably in the fashion, retail, beauty, or media publication world
- Proactivity and flexibility
- A desire to engage authentically with our customer and surface new opportunities to execute on overall business goals
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!