Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The Zappos Merchandising team is looking for a smart, analytical, passionate leader to serve as a Pricing Analyst. The Ideal Candidate will be highly analytical, have a business-building mindset, and have a passion for engaging in system thinking. This position will be responsible for partnering with merchandising and portfolio teams on developing strategic pricing rules to increase profitability as well as tactical execution.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating and writing new pricing rules
- Suggesting input changes to existing rules based on market analyses
- Supporting strategic pricing initiatives
- Collecting and assessing market and competitor data
- Analyzing pricing rules to verify that rules are working in accordance with plan and financial conditions
- Liaising with stakeholders around the organization on pricing matters
- Coordinating cross-division efforts to optimize business processes
- Triaging cross-platform pricing issues, including third-party partner systems
- Providing rich insights to merchandising partners on pricing rule performance and turning it into actionable insights
- Analyzing product life-cycle and extracting insights on pricing and channel behavior to inform future buying decisions
- Interacting collaboratively with Portfolio, Engineering and Pricing teams to improve metrics that drive profitability and customer performance
- Helping define and drive projects to improve merchandising systems/processes, drive automation, resolve defects, and improve overall merchandising efficiency
- Effectively delivering ad-hoc analysis to flesh out opportunities and risks, inform decision making, and train merchants in order to scale learnings
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Merchandising, Business or related field
- Masters degree is encouraged
- 2+ years of experience in Merchandising, Finance, Pricing, and/or other related field
- Experience utilizing large data sets, multiple variables, and business intelligence tools to inform decisions
- Strong Analytical skills combined with passion to take insights beyond traditional retail math
- Capable of both high-level strategic thinking and detailed execution
- Passion for leveraging insights into customer behavior into actions that drives sales and engagement
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage business/financial model for product analysis and problem solving
- Approaches work with a curiosity and critical thinking mindset to identify opportunities and risks before being asked
- Track Record of taking ownership and delivering results
- Success at collaborating with and influencing others
- Passion for Retail, Data, and Systems Thinking
What you didn't know about the team:
We are ecstatic to have the opportunity to utilize our financial and analytical skills, combine them with our passion for automation, and infuse rich insights into customer behavior in order to be an integral part of reshaping the merchandising retail industry with our buying and portfolio team.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!