Retail Store Operations Assistant Manager
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing leadership, motivation and direction to all employees to perform their best and provide exceptional customer service
- Tracking the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
- Monitoring, auditing and maintaining store inventory levels
- Evaluating and tracking employee performance and identify hiring, training, coaching or disciplinary needs
- Monitor, audit and maintain retail operating costs and resources within set budgets
- Time card management
- Ensuring all employees adhere to company’s policies, guidelines and culture
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
- Assisting the manager in organizing, planning and implementing store strategies
- Ensuring store schedules and objectives are met by employees
- General customer service duties such as providing information; answering questions; assisting on the sales floor; completing payment transactions; and handling escalated customer concerns
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge
- Sales planning, generation and marketing
- Assisting with monthly inventory process
- Upholding and implementing high standards for merchandising the sales floor.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years’ experience in a retail setting
- 2+ years proven experience as a retail assistant manager or similar position
- Degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Sharp business mind set
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus: the ability to proactively strive to address customer concerns and needs
- Problem solving skills: the ability to think quickly and rationally to ever-changing situations
- Time management skills
- Relationship Management: a strategy in which a continuous level of engagement is maintained between a business, customers and employees
- Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
- Good math skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Responsibility, reliability and trustworthiness
- Interpersonal, mediation and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Flexible availability
- Stable work history
- Self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development and improvement
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and great customer experience
- Event planning and social media experience are a plus
What you didn’t know about the team:
- The whole team loves to WOW their customers!
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Sign up to become a Zappos Insider and be the first to know about new opportunities at Zappos!