Chief Marketing Officer
Zando was founded in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially to become South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando forms part of the Jumia Group, the leading e-commmerce platform in Africa. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa and offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Zando.co.za and Jumia.co.za are South Africa’s top online shopping destinations for fashion, homeware, accessories, and so much more! We are looking for top talent to join our team of passionate and dedicated individuals in changing the digital landscape and building the best eCom business in Africa!
We are looking for a CMO to join our passionate and dedicated Marketing Team in changing the digital landscape and building the best eCom business in Africa! You will be responsible for owning and implementing marketing strategies across all channels to support the business’s overall objectives. If you are passionate about the online industry and meet the below requirements we would love to hear from you!
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities:
- Develop Marketing and Commercial plans which deliver the company’s revenue objectives.
- Establishing and overseeing management of all utilised marketing tools and processes that enable daily workflow.
- Continuously developing actionable department and channel reporting.
- Assessing global best practice across marketing channels.
- Together with our channel experts – drive the marketing channel performance through development of strategies, support of execution and critical challenging of the status quo (SEO, SEM, Display & Affiliate, CRM, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing and offline channels).
- Proactively managing and developing interdepartmental processes between Design, IT; BI; Finance and Purchasing Departments.
- Managing the marketing budget and all associated contracts.
- Continuously developing customer development and communication and utilising these results to optimise customer communication.
- Overseeing and managing Design Team regarding UI, UX and website design.
- Managing supplier and cross-departmental relationships effectively.
- Managing the performance of the Marketing Team.
Essential skills, behaviour and knowledge required:
- Expert knowledge and experience in performance and engagement marketing functions.
- Solid track record of overseeing delivery in the following marketing areas: SEO, Social Media Marketing, CRM, Content Marketing, Consumer Insights and Paid Marketing.
- Working closely with Customer Experience to ensure a unified voice of Zando across all touchpoints
- Extensive experience of project management tools.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience with particular focus on Excel.
- Knowledge of the SA and international fashion industry highly advantageous.
- Ability to live the Zando values:
- Delivers customer satisfaction;
- Leads Completely;
- Embraces and Drives Change;
- Goes the extra mile;
- Is adventurous, open-minded and creative;
- Creates fun and a positive team Spirit.
Education and experience
- A relevant tertiary education.
- Excellent track record in successful commercially driven campaign management within the digital space.
- A minimum of 10 years digital marketing management experience including developing, executing and optimising campaigns including SEO, Social Media Marketing, CRM, Content Marketing, Consumer Insights and Paid Marketing.
- A minimum of 5 years in a Senior Management role.
- Highly motivated and dedicated to change the eCommerce and retail environment in South Africa.
*This appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to people from Designated Groups and people with a disability, provided such job applicants meet the inherent criteria of the vacancy.
* Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.