Director of Advertising Sales & External Partnerships
Zando was founded in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially to become South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando forms part of the Jumia Group, the leading e-commerce platform in Africa. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are looking for an individual with strong advertising experience to guide the local Jumia Advertising roadmap! Aside from the opportunity to work in e-commerce with a diverse, innovative and dynamic team, we can offer you flexible working hours and a fun and fast pace work environment!
Key Performance Areas:
The role of “Director Sales & External Partnerships” entitles 4 wider areas of responsibility:
Agency & 3rd Party Partnerships, Strategy& Sales
- Define the global Agency Strategy
- Establish yourself as a regional lead for the Top 5 agencies in our market
- Adjust the Jumia Advertising Product offering to cater agencies
- Actively leverage your network of agencies, brands and partners in promoting usage of Jumia Advertising
- Proactively lead client relationships (Agencies and 3rd Parties) by leveraging traffic and platform capabilities to drive the client’s business and marketing objectives
- Attain monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets related to your client account portfolio.
- Actively identify and pursue new advertising client accounts.
- Shape and create Advertising Sales Strategy
- Work with the various teams and service providers to create best in class pitch decks and training materials
- Understand the local media landscape and look for opportunities to impact media plans with new partners and formats
- Collaborate with our Commercial Team and Local Advertising Key Accounts to develop clear business objectives, high impact digital advertising & marketing programs and measurement of those programs.
Advertising Content & PR
- Oversee creation and content of external Advertising Website
- Lead Industry Relations and PR
- Content Creation: White Papers to share with Industry, digital Creation, Newsletters
- Define the Advertising brand strategy
- “Advertise Advertising” internally as well as within the different local markets
Further responsibilities include:
- Manage projects across cross-functional teams and with the client to ensure successful delivery of those programs
- Present findings and results to Key Accounts Client Executives
- Act as a knowledgeable industry leader in online marketing, analytics, and targeting
- Improve and share project management processes, standards, templates and best practices both internally and with client teams
- Conceptualize, verbalize, document, test, propose and present new online revenue generating opportunities
- Use web analytics tools to analyse site traffic and user demographics in support of online campaign proposals and client presentations.
- Provide key learnings reports quarterly with recommendations for future plans.
Education, skills, behaviour and knowledge required:
- An advertising / marketing or related qualification with at least 5 years in agency environment.
- Interest in delivering and supporting Jumia in a client-facing role.
- Ability to excel in team environments.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Passionate about advertising, marketing, data, analytics and technology.
- Minimum of 4+ years with agency experience.
- Minimum of 6+ years digital advertising sales.
- Interest in client-side positions and digital marketing initiatives.
- Must be able to balance a creative and business approach.
- Must be passionate about online advertising and marketing.
- The ability to create and maintain good relationships with client accounts.
- Able to identify and realize revenue opportunities related to online advertising.
- Ability to live the Jumia values:
- Delivers customer satisfaction;
- Leads completely;
- Embraces and drives change;
- Goes the extra mile;
- Is adventurous, open-minded and creative;
- Creates fun and a positive team spirit.
*This appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to people from Designated Groups and people with a disability, provided such job applicants meet the inherent criteria of the vacancy.
* Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.