Sr. Software Engineer
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Enterprise ApplicationsDepartment: Enterprise IT
Classification: Salaried ExemptLocation: Salt Lake City
We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented and driven Sr. Software Engineer to join our Enterprise IT team who can utilize PHP and MySQL to develop clean, effective back end code for web applications and services. The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing new features and refactoring existing systems in the website back end code as well as supporting cron jobs and processes. The developer should be able to translate our company and customer needs into maintainable and efficient applications. They will work closely with the front end and systems integration teams to update and integrate new features to the web applications and internal web tools.
We expect the Sr. Software Engineer to be a tech savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies. The Sr. Software Engineer should be able to create a functional and effective digital foundation for our company, ensuring great user experience.
• 60% Application Maintenance/Development
- Back end development of ZAGG’s websites using PHP and MySQL
- Implement new features and refactor existing systems
- Proactively identify and determine fixes for problems or bugs
- Contribute architecture input to new application components
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Write thorough, comprehensive technical and high-level documentation
• 20% Testing/Debugging
- Troubleshooting, debugging, code peer review
- 10% Task Project Management
- Managing project using Agile workflow to provide visibility to team members on current open projects
- 10% Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of Object-Oriented programming design and best practices
- Working knowledge and experience with GIT
- Solid communication skills (both verbal and written), with the ability to interact with employees and managers in various departments and resolve common concerns through problem solving skills
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to identify requirements and level of effort required for assigned tasks
- Excellent organizational skills a must
- Provide leadership and answer questions on technical project details
- Must be able to work with Team Leader and assist with multiple projects and deadlines, with the ability to prioritize time effectively
- Must show initiative, with ability to anticipate needs, make recommendations, and take appropriate action
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple and changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have 5+ years’ experience designing and developing complex and rich interactive web applications
- Experience with additional languages, such as node.js, knockout.js, and bash is a plus
- Experience developing within the Magento 2 platform and REST API is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of code troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Works well in a team environment and respects and welcomes ideas from others
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
At ZAGG, we strive to deliver products known for their smart designs and creative product solutions. We embrace challenges and refuse to be deterred by obstacles. We aspire to create value for our customers, business partners and investors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. 5+ years of direct work experience in Web Development.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with team members and other departments. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for 2-4 hours at a time, type, reach, manipulate computer and phone systems, talk and hear. Ability to look at a computer monitor for up to 6 hours at a time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects and phones. The employee must be able to lift 10 lbs. Must have visual acuity. Must have the ability to work in the United States required.
- (Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).