Technical Consultant II
Envestnet is seeking a passionate and talented Technical Consultant II to join our Service team. This position is expected to report to our Raleigh or Seattle office on a hybrid schedule.
Envestnet is transforming the way financial advice and wellness are delivered. Our mission is to empower advisors and financial service providers with innovative technology, solutions, and intelligence to make financial wellness a reality for everyone.
Since our founding 20 years ago, we are fully vested in helping people live an intelligent financial life. If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
The Technical Consultant, Tamarac Trading is responsible for the training and onboarding of firms onto the Tamarac Trading platform. A successful applicant will have demonstrated an exceptional level of technical proficiency, determination, curiosity and a commitment to learning. Our team of high performing individuals collaborate with each other and across departments. Technical Consultants are expected to serve as a subject matter expert and train others as needed.
- Partner with team members, Project Management, Account Management and Sales to ensure successful completion of projects
- Projects to include: new client implementations, existing client ongoing consulting, client mergers, sales consulting calls, sales onsite visits
- Assess a client’s needs, design an appropriate implementation plan and execute plan in a timely fashion with no assistance
- Successfully implementing complex, multi-billion dollar firms in a reasonable timeframe
- Travel onsite independently for new client implementations and current client ongoing consulting
- Effectively communicate expectations to internal and external stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Proactively manage project scope, identify potential challenges, and devise solutions to keep projects on task and within scope
- Work with project management and Director to identify alternate solutions for requests defined as out-of-scope
- Active role in educating new and current team members
- Work with Education Team to devise training for release cycles
- Demonstrate ability to train new team members on functionality within the product
- Establish continuing education on product functionality and best practices for team members
- Troubleshoot escalations with other team members to determine solution in a timely fashion
- Seek out continuing education in Tamarac Trading and Tamarac CRM
- Understand basic fundamentals of both products
- Understand all points of integration between products including fields and searches. Be able to identify if these are bi-directional and which product is the source.
- Properly educate new and current clients on functionality and features of Tamarac Trading
- Successfully and comfortably present all materials at Tamarac University
- Demonstrate ability to craft and present an advanced topic to experienced users at the annual Advisor Summit
- Structure specific training schedules for complex onsite implementations involving many users with varying skill sets and responsibilities
- Ability to explain complex functionality in simple, concise terminology
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- Establish client specific workflows to assist firm in efficiently onboarding Advisor Rebalancing
- Be able to speak to clients about complex issues and/or solutions in a professional positive manner
- Collaborate with team members to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Review Zendesk support tickets for accuracy and training opportunities
- Track all internal and external communications regarding projects within Mavenlink
- Manage all communications within Zendesk in a client-facing manner including correct grammar, thorough details of the issue and resolution, and any instructions given to the client
- Confirm tickets are resolved with client prior to closing in Zendesk
- Accurately log tasks and hours against projects within Mavenlink
- Help address Zendesk escalations; including being able to discern when a ticket will require a Statement of Work (SOW)
- Recognize and report defects using established procedures
- Prior to delivery, review accuracy and completeness of all client work
- Work across operations and product support teams to create and maintain consistent best practices, messaging about products and process
- Establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with clients and team members.
- Serve as point of escalation for other members of the team
- Strive to target the root cause vs. addressing a symptom of the question/issue
- Log internal and client-originating product feedback via Suggestion Box in Help Desk
- Work with Director on any assigned projects; ensure project success through timely execution and pro-active communication
- Grow and maintain expert level knowledge in Advisor Rebalancing and any other product or tool directly related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Submit articles for knowledge base and ideas for process/product improvements
- Attend and participate in all assigned training sessions and release reviews. Focusing on but not limited to the following:
- Tamarac Reporting
- Tamarac Operations Site
- Adherence to and application of Envestnet legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- 7+ years of experience in a financial services atmosphere, specifically the registered investment advisor space
- 2+ years as Technical Consultant
- Proficiency in Tamarac Trading, and Microsoft Office products required
- Travel required, up to 50%
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs while leveraging our platform to grow their businesses and expand client relationships.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Parental Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Program
- Charitable match
- Wellness Program
- Work on global projects with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work locations with unlimited snacks!
The annual base salary range for this position is $66,000 to $150,000.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV).