Senior Platform Engineer
Envestnet is seeking a passionate and talented Senior Platform Engineer to join our Platform Operations team.
Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV) is transforming the way financial advice and wellness are delivered. Our mission is to empower advisors and financial service providers with innovative technology, solutions, and intelligence to make financial wellness a reality for everyone.
Since our founding 20 years ago, we are fully vested in helping people live an intelligent financial life. If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
As Platform Engineer you will be part of the Product SRE team responsible for owning the product reliability vision at Envestnet. As you learn the Envestnet applications you’ll leverage that knowledge to support development teams and string together many different foundational technologies into an overall software solution. You will make heavy use of automation for operational tasks, support on call coverage, and focus remaining time on project work for continuous improvement.
- Partner with Platform SRE to develop and evolve automation, including infrastructure as code, configuration management, monitoring, and deployment
- Partner with Development Engineering to design scalability, resiliency, and ease of deployment into products and applications for both existing products and new products
- Provide an escalation point for developers, data analysts, product, customer service, and non-Data Utility stakeholders
- Deliver 24x7 operations and support of Envestnet products and applications
- Drive continuous improvement through new projects and process excellence
- Own the relationship with Product and Customer Service teams to ensure that Envestnet meets or exceeds business objectives and customer expectations
- Manage the migration of products and applications to the cloud
- Own compliance audits, including SOX, SOC1, SOC2, and security
- Contribute to and integrate with the team’s internal Open-Source framework
- Deliver and evolve SLI, SLO, SLA for specific products and applications
- Stay ahead of changing technologies through targeted R&D initiatives
- Adherence to and application of Envestnet legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage expectations and communications in high stress situations
- Proven working experience in designing and supporting high availability environments
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong understanding of networking concepts (OSI, TCP/IP, load balancing, firewall rule mgmt.)
- Experience in scripting and automation
- Experience working with a major cloud provider and a working knowledge of cloud concepts
- 10+ Years of Experience supporting production environments
- Experience implementing complex projects as part of a team and meeting deliverables
- Proven track record of being highly available and reliable
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Configuration Management systems (PowerShell DSC, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience migrating legacy environments to cloud
- CI/CD tools and DevOps concepts such as Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Monitoring Solutions (New Relic, Data Dog, PRTG)
- Programming languages: PowerShell, Python, Go, C#
- Experience in Storage Area Networks and storage best practices
- Database Admin skills: MSSQL, Dynamo, MySQL
- Containerization and Virtualization (Kubernetes, Docker, VMware, Citrix)
- Serverless technologies
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs while leveraging our platform to grow their businesses and expand client relationships.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Parental Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Program
- Charitable match
- Wellness Program
- Work on global projects with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work locations with unlimited snacks!
The annual base salary range for this position is $78,000 to $180,000.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.