VP Product Manager, Reporting
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet - Wealth Division is seeking a VP Product Manager, Reporting.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create a strategic vision for your product domain.
- Define, track, and lead the execution of the product: Tamarac Reporting roadmap.
- Own all new features from concept to release and create comprehensive specifications for development that detail the business use cases, business logic, QA plan, and post-release client feedback.
- Work closely with engineering and QA teams to define product specifications, establish milestones, verify implementations, and prioritize work.
- Partner closely with UX, engineering, and business teams to design solutions that satisfy customer experience, business, and technology goals.
- Manage the Tamarac Reporting Product Owners.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to educate the marketplace on the benefits and features of Tamarac Reporting.
- Assist the sales team with roadmap and new functionality demonstrations for large prospects.
- Conduct product utilization research with clients and assess the processes clients are using to manage accounts, gaps in functionality, and opportunities to enhance efficiencies.
- Establish processes to capture and review new feedback for the following stakeholders:
- Client Success Managers
- Meet with the above groups monthly to solicit feedback and discuss priorities.
- Present feedback monthly to the leadership team prioritized by the below ROI metrics:
- New sales opportunities
- Does it open a new market? What’s the 12-month post-release expected revenue?
- Is it the only barrier to closing a deal?
- Have multiple prospects mentioned it as a shortcoming?
- Current client feedback
- How many clients does it impact?
- Does it improve operational efficiency?
- Does it improve client retention?
- Competitive offerings
- Is it a differentiator between Tamarac and another platform?
- Is it a shortfall compared to a competitor?
- Innovation and Market Leadership
- Does it reinforce our position as a market leader?
- Is it ingenious?
- Product continuity
- Does it fit with the core competencies of the platform?
- Does it add a core competency to the platform?
- Review, group, categorize, and assign an ROI value to all client feedback.
- Establish a process for reviewing, grouping, categorizing, and assigning an ROI value for all future feedback.
- Ensure existing process systems such as JIRA and Confluence reflect the Reporting backlog and roadmap.
- Establish a P/R cadence with Marketing for blog posts, white papers, and tweets.
- Establish a working relationship with Envestnet contacts to begin formulating a plan to integrate Tamarac Reporting into ENV solutions.
- Review all specs currently under development.
- New sales opportunities
- 5+ years of software business analyst or product owner experience.
- Experience working within agile software development life cycle.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with clients, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Competencies: Passionate, Detail Oriented, Fearless, Results Driven, Entrepreneurial-Minded, Self-Starter, Effective Communicator.
- Ability to independently learn the details of the product offering.
- 1+ years working in RIA or similar financial industry role.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks –
Envestnet offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Since our inception 20 years ago, Envestnet has endeavored to not only be the best in the industry, but also be the best for the industry – our clients, our employees, our partners, our shareholders, our communities and our families looking to achieve their financial goals. As we have grown, we have committed ourselves to corporate responsibility. We believe in being a positive economic force, a responsible citizen in our communities and a mindful steward of the resources we consume. These principles are grounded in a single ultimate aspiration that guides us and inspires us to move forward: making financial wellness a reality for everyone, and building a company that strengthens the communities we serve for generations to come.
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.