Senior Manager - DevOps
This position is within the QA Center of Excellence. The QA Center of Excellence is a specialised test engineering division in Yodlee which provides cutting edge test engineering solutions as service to be consumed by more than half a dozen testing teams/departments at Yodlee. This team have engineers and leaders with expertise ranging from subject matter testing to test automation and from Devops to software development. This team is constantly innovating and applies cutting edge technologies such as A. I/M. L/D. S for solving some of the complex technical problems.
We are looking for a Senior Manager Devops who would be responsible to lead the QAD team comprising of 10 - 15 devops engineers with a goal of providing highly resilient, scalable and robust environments to the different QA stakeholder teams at Yodlee. The person would be collaborating with multiple stakeholders like build, release, engineering, IT and SRE teams in order to ensure that all aspects of devops ranging from deployment to orchestration and from environment health monitoring to incident resolutions are met as per business expectations and SLA. The candidate needs to showcase leadership and deep knowledge of infrastructure and software development in order to successfully lead the operations.
- Successfully leading the QAD team
- Plan, estimate, schedule, monitor and control devops project and operation aspects in order to meet delivery and quality criteria
- Ensure that the environment operations related projects/tasks/activities are running smoothly without impact to stakeholder expectations/SLA.
- Stakeholder management with IT teams, Engineering teams, SRE teams and QA teams.
- Establish and continually optimise execution processes in order to do more with less.
- Have understanding and working knowledge of risk, quality & environment capacity management aspects.
- Generate and share timely status reports, metrics and productivity charts.
- Hiring, on-boarding, skill building, resource performance management for the QAD team
- 8+ years of DevOps hands on experience hosting and supporting multi-tier web application architectures either in on-prem or in cloud-based infrastructure.
- 5+ years managing Devops teams as manager with at least having 5 Devops engineers/architects as direct reports.
- Hands-on experience in cloud technologies like Kafka, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with infrastructure as code on Ansible / Terraform.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Detail and results oriented, skilled at both planning and hands-on execution.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Devops tools and environment with practical hand on experience.
- Experienced in Cloud AWS development and system operations
- Strong background in Linux and Jenkins.
- Strong expertise in Postgres/ Oracle / MySQL.
- Knowledge on latest industry news and challenges for Enterprise Cloud Platform capabilities and practices
- The person is also expected to demonstrate the below soft skills.
- Excellent communication skills as he/she would be working with cross teams across different geographies.
- Highly collaborative with proven experience partnering, influencing, and negotiating.
- Build, coach, mentor and manage a strong team of devops engineers that set the standard and practices for local team as well as community.
- Operations management and Incident Management skills.
- Challenge the status quo and drive changes in order to improve business performance and productivity.
- Ability to adapt to changing business dynamics
- The below certifications would be good to have.
- PMP certification; ITIL certification; AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification
- Being a part of CoE leadership, it is required to have regular communication with CoE leadership and Yodlee senior management on progress and achievement.
- The person needs to be an advocate in setting and driving Devops best practices in order to deliver high quality deliverables in an efficient and timely manner.
- Setting goals for the team, performance reviews and ensuring that the team is productive and innovative would also be KRAs for this position.
- The person needs to demonstrate impact by using subject matter and/or technical expertise to provide best in class results.
- The applicant should demonstrate thought leadership, versatility and ability to adapt under dynamic and fast paced ecosystem.
- A highly self-motivated, self-directed person with attention to detail and with ability to effectively prioritze and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment would be a suitable fit for this position