Business Analyst, Data Strategy
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Business Analyst, Data Strategy to join the Data Utility team.
If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
The Business Analyst, Data Strategy role is part of an innovative team delivering on cloud strategy initiatives, strategic partnerships, third party integrations, product evolution and modernization opportunities at Envestnet.
Business Analysts on this team are heavily collaborative with the consulting, data engineering and delivery team including use case analysis, data swimming and requirements setting all the way through acceptance testing.
The Business Analyst must be comfortable asking questions, working with large financial data sets, skilled in assimilating information and comfortable working cross functionally and with international teams. Likewise, they are analytically minded and business oriented and can develop detailed business use-cases and technical requirements alike. The ideal candidate is a self-starter; driven, confident, collaborative, and seeks to continue building their data and analytics skills and experience in a fast paced financial services firm.
What You Bring to the Role:
- You are a data enthusiast. We are looking for an inquisitive and curious analytics professional who loves working with data to build meaningful things or answer questions.
- You are an interpreter who knows and can articulate the granular details as well as how to abstract the essentials from the data.
- You are a connector. You will be responsible for understanding business requirements and helping define product requirements to solve real world problems. You will also connect dots across the organization’s various business units and departments.
- You are a storyteller. You must be passionate about communicating data driven insights, possibilities, solutions or approaches in a consumable fashion customized to the audience.
- You are versatile and can adapt to what the situation or project demands. If it demands hands-on querying, you should be able to roll up your sleeves. If it requires creation of executive or customer ready presentations, you should be able to do that too.
- 3+ years of experience business analytics/ insights gained from working with large financial data sets
- Experience in Banking or Financial services, financial wellness, wealth management etc
- Strong data exploration and manipulation skills using SQL/Python etc. Exposure to any visualization tools is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to take the role of “data interpreter” with ease
- Experience with agile delivery methodologies and agile team tools such as Jira
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentive
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Working on global projects with team members all over the world!
- Opportunity to work with top tiered clients, global 500 companies and startups
- Work with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work location with unlimited snacks!
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.