Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet is seeking a talented and passionate to join the Finance team.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Accountant to assist with the day-to-day accounting over revenue, AR, and sales commission activities within the Finance organization. This position is essential to ensuring the highest level of financial reporting accuracy through the maintenance of internal systems and adherence to financial reporting processes. This is a great position for those who want to grow their accounting career and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations related to revenue, AR, sales commission and other balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Review sales contracts and assist with the preparation or review of revenue checklists and various accounting and billing documentation.
- Perform fluctuation analyses and apply judgment to identify unusual trends that need to be further investigated.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement while helping to establish and maintain policies and procedures
- Collaborate and update the team to ensure close activities are on schedule.
- Assist with the preparation or review of SOX and substantive audit support as requested by the internal and external audit teams.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting accounting guidance and financial information.
- Assist in ad hoc projects in relation to month-end, quarter-end, or year-end processes and procedures
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred.
- 3+ years of accounting experience is required; public accounting experience is preferred.
- Technical and operational knowledge of U.S. GAAP with emphasis on revenue related account pronouncement ASC 606.
- Knowledgeable regarding SOX and interactions with external auditors.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance to execute in a dynamic and demanding environment by demonstrating organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, work well under pressure, highly detail oriented, self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvement.
- Ability to assess unusual circumstances and complex problems and use analytical and problem-solving techniques to identify cause and recommend solutions.
- Have a high degree of organization, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office software tools, excellent technology, analytical, and communication skills with emphasis on professional business writing skills.
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentive
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Working on global projects with team members all over the world!
- Opportunity to work with top tiered clients, global 500 companies and startups
- Work with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work location with unlimited snacks!
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.