Director, Data Partnerships
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet | Yodlee is seeking a talented and passionate to join the Data Intelligence team.
If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
- “Hunter” mentality, ability to prospect and identify new data sources around consumer spending data
- Experience setting up data partnerships with different data vendors in US and globally
- Persistence and strong negotiation skills
- Connections with financial institutions, financial services firms, card processors, financial technology companies in US and Internationally
- Ability to travel as necessitated by the role
- Understanding of the financial services industry
- Understanding of data management, data cleansing
- Experience working alongside internal groups
- Knowledge of “alternative data”
- Ability to understand, interpret, and explain the benefit of data
- Understanding the data attributes, utility of these attributes, delivery mechanisms (feeds, files, APIs) Background or experience in programming or engineering (SQL)
You will be responsible for end-to-end ownership setting up and managing Data partnerships, right from strategy to sourcing partners, executing contracts, and managing key relationships. This role will also work closely with sales teams during pre-sales to help identify new data needs and help identify data sources. You will be responsible to working with internal product teams to help productize the data into solutions that we can take to market. You will be working with leadership and data vendor to negotiate revenue share/pricing. You will be closely with Legal and Finance on data due-diligence and contracts.
What you own-
- Develop the strategy and go-to-market plans for high value data partnerships to strengthen data assets, that will drive revenue growth
- Qualify, structure, negotiate, contract, and execute on data partnerships
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to incorporate newly acquired data into products and take them to market to drive revenue.
- Build relationships with a large number of data vendors. Povide inputs to Company’s product initiatives in the Data business, and co-create go-to-market strategies, incorporating new data sources.
You have an uncanny ability to identify, validate and value new financial data sources. Explain how data can influence an organisation’s results. You should have the ability to identify high value data sourcs, negotiate contracts for data rights and revenue share and work closely with internal teams to take the data products to market.
- Identify new data sources
- Set-up data partnerships that will drive new revenue
- Identify new business opportunities as it relates to Yodlee’s Data and Analytics Solutions
- Within the first 30 days, you will have gained an understanding of Yodlee’s data and analytics solutions, its use.
- Within the first quarter, you will have identified potential data sources that we can partner with. You will be making calls and prospecting data vendors. You will understand what those vendors need and are looking for in a partnership.
- By the end of 6 months, you will be consistently setting up new data agreements and working on taking the data products to market.
This is a unique opportunity for you to join the fastest growing vertical at one of the largest and most recognized companies within the financial technology and “alternative data” space. You will be on the front line and directly responsible for helping the organization sustain its growth.
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentive
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Working on global projects with team members all over the world!
- Opportunity to work with top tiered clients, global 500 companies and startups
- Work with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work location with unlimited snacks!
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.