Envestnet is seeking a passionate and talented Account Executive to join our Tech Sales team. This position is a remote role.
Envestnet is transforming the way financial advice and wellness are delivered. Our mission is to empower advisors and financial service providers with innovative technology, solutions, and intelligence to make financial wellness a reality for everyone.
Since our founding 20 years ago, we are fully vested in helping people live an intelligent financial life. If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
As an Account Executive, you will own a defined territory of customers and prospects, be responsible for creating and executing a go-to-market plan, leveraging a variety of resources (e.g., BDRs, Partners, Product Specialists, Solution Consultants, etc.). By focusing our enabling our customer’s success and helping them achieve their desired business outcomes, you will become their trusted advisor responsible for extending the Envestnet D&A footprint. Success in this role will be driven from a high level of curiosity and a structured approach to building new relationships, creating value for our customers, and ultimately booking new business.
You must have the ability to identify and interpret our clients/prospects business objectives, build and lead virtual internal teams to create and accurately present complex solutions in an informative and easily understood fashion, either face to face or in virtual meetings. This individual contributor should also possess enthusiasm and entrepreneurial skills to be successful in a semi-unstructured environment within a matrixed growth organization.
- Responsible for building strong relationships at senior levels and identifying opportunities with identified strategic Tech & FinTech customers.
- Leverage knowledge of industry challenges and opportunities to build trust and respect with both internal and external customers.
- Identify gaps and opportunities to provide value, develop expertise in Envestnet D&A’s products and solutions, along with how they can be applied to the strategic accounts and broader vertical.
- Responsible for creating and executing a plan that delivers value to customers and meaningful revenue growth to Envestnet.
- Be the Trusted Advisor that will closely align with client sales, professional services and peers to achieve revenue growth objectives with targeted customers.
- Leverage skills and industry experience to develop and implement best practices and trusted advice to drive long-term sustainable growth, while building a most-trusted relationship with all contacts.
- Be the driver for account planning at both a strategic and tactical level. Leverage sales, client support and professional services team members through quarterly detailed account planning process.
- Account Planning will include account spend, key insights from the client’s quarterly business reviews (QBR’s), assessment of account’s needs, proposed steps for growing account spend including introduction of new products/solutions/services.
- Present, propose and drive contract renewal negotiations of all client solutions in assigned account. Provide accurate forecasting and status of activity in assigned accounts as required.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding overall targets through the retention and growth of assigned customers and through the building of new opportunities within the assigned customer.
- Responsible for renewal, new relationships and pipeline objectives across the assigned customers.
- Must remain current in industry and technology best practices and trends, providing value-added solutions.
- Act as industry subject matter expert, leveraging knowledge of specific industry challenges and opportunities to build trust and respect with both internal and external customers. Understand multiple use cases for Envestnet D&A product portfolio.
- Adherence to and application of Envestnet legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls, and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years of strategic account sales or relationship management
- 4+ years either selling or working within a technology provider for the Tech or FinTech space
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Strong business acumen & experience in Account Management within a SaaS environment
- Strong knowledge of technology and how to apply technology to solve the customers business needs across the customer lifecycle.
- Experience with 7+ figure renewals, revenue management and expansion
- A consultative approach to solutions, customer outcomes and structured governance
- Excellent listener with an aptitude for problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
- You can level up to the bigger picture and talk architecture and solutions as well as overall business goals, while digging into the details when required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and an aptitude for sales from start to finish as well as focusing on account management, and customer success
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal, external relationships
- Proven track record of managing client expectations and ability to help them use the product successfully
- Effectively network within accounts from the C-Level down to achieve successful execution of the customer's Blueprint, where appropriate
- Managing customer relation escalations for the accounts under management
- Manage key leading and lagging KPIs, creating appropriate programs to influence
- Programmatically manage and report on adoption plans and related work streams both with the customer and internally
- Knowledge of Open Banking in both the US and globally
- Knowledge of CDP, Data studies, Credit & Payments
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs while leveraging our platform to grow their businesses and expand client relationships.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Parental Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Program
- Charitable match
- Wellness Program
- Work on global projects with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work locations with unlimited snacks!
The annual base salary range for this position is $84,000 to $190,000.
This position is eligible for a variable pay based on a sales incentive plan.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV).