Senior Software Engineer
Job Description Summary
Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE:ENV) is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet’ s technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop production-ready services using Java, Spring, Spring Boot, and SQL/No-Sql DB in an micro-services based architecture.
- Participate in design and architecture sessions, story grooming and acceptance criterion identification and documentation as part of the Scrum team
- Participate in software release and deployment activities managed under an agile software development approach
- Collaborate with Scrum team’s Quality Assurance members to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership and Business Analysts team members
- Analyze current applications/systems including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting, and design solutions to problematic programming.
- Experience with Java and Java related technologies
- Knowledge of technical and enterprise architectures
- Experience with developing RESTful services using REST APIs and Spring Boot for Micro Services architecture
- Experience with Identity management systems, and SSO related technologies (SAML, oAuth etc.).
- Experience in code optimization and data structure
- Experience in high-performance computing and event driven architecture
- Experience in Cloud services and providers such as AWS
- Additional education or experience in the financial services/FINTECH industry
- Computer Science, Information Systems or related bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 yrs of exp. in software product development, including 5+ yrs in Java technologies and Micro-services.
- Solid experience with building Restful APIs, SOAP Webservices (preferably Spring and Spring Boot related)
- Experience with relational database technologies (MS SQLserver, postgreSQL), and No-Sql (such as DynamoDb)
- Proven ability to deliver in an Agile, fast-paced, scrum team environment
- Experience with unit and integration testing frameworks
- Experience with distributed systems, and network protocols
- Experience with asynchronous queuing and messaging systems such as Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ
- Experience in one or more of the following: Hazelcast, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL