Quality Assurance ( QA) Automation Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze user stories, bugs, CRs in order to design and build automated tests within the automation framework. Guide and Mentor junior Test engineers Analyze interpret and summarize test results and metrics and communicate as appropriate to management, stakeholders and team as appropriate
- Prepare Test Strategy/Approach for Testing
- Review and prepare test cases
- Contribute in collecting and improving the metrics.
- Estimate and schedule for features.
- Establish coverage and traceability
- Mentor and train team members.
- Identify and escalate Risks on time and suggest mitigation measures.
- Strong experience in API automation and using latest open source/vendor automation frameworks such as Selenium and Rest Assured
- Experience in testing Web /Mobile Applications and/or API.
- Must have worked on TestNG and Jenkins working knowledge is desirable
- Hands on knowledge of JUNIT and code coverage
- Should possess excellent debugging skills in order to find out the reasons behind the failure of test cases, inefficient code, memory leakages etc in order to improve the quality of the code.
- Experience in core Java Programming & good understanding of Database concepts and working knowledge with Oracle, PLSQL
- Non - functional testing experience
- Tools known: JIRA , GIT , POSTMAN
Good to have:
- Experience in BFSI domain is an advantage.
- Exposure to CI/CD
- Exposure to UI functional and Automation Testing
- Exposure to UI technologies
- Knowledge of Shell scripting.
- Excellent Analytical and program solving skills
- Worked in a dynamic environment and ability to adapt quickly to changes Experience with Test and defect management tools.
- BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10 years of experience in QA Automation
- Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, and leadership skills