Accounts Receivable Associate
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet Wealth is seeking a talented and passionate Accounts Receivable Associate to join the A/R Finance team. This team is responsible for invoicing and recording cash receipts.
If you love the idea of working in a FinTech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up, where you are making everyday impact, then read on.
The will handle invoicing, recording cash, and recording revenue JE’s.
- Manually create invoices and records to the ledger
- Monitor accounts for credit balances (misapplied cash and credit memos) and resolve by conducting thorough research and processing through to appropriate resolution
- Completes cash receipts research, cash application and posting.
- Prepares daily bank deposit
- Researches and applies unallocated cash.
- Oversees client trust accounts, accounts receivable write-offs and payment reversals.
- Organizes and maintains up to date financial records.
- Assists in account reconciliation, analysis and audit, as requested
- Understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls, and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, college level accounting classes or Accounting Degree strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years hands-on Accounting experience
- Basic computer skills and word processing
- Good mathematical background
- Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Experience with large Financial ERP (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings
- Ability to use 10-key calculator for a variety of accounting functions
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment
- Accounting degree
- AR Experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Team oriented
- Self starter
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentive
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Working on global projects with team members all over the world!
- Opportunity to work with top tiered clients, global 500 companies and startups
- Work with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work location with unlimited snacks!
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.