Digital Marketing Operations Director
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
The Digital Marketing team at Envestnet is tasked with delivering intuitive digital customer experiences that drive awareness, customer growth and deepen customer engagement of our industry-leading wealth and financial wellness solutions. Envestnet Wealth Division is seeking a Director - Digital Marketing Operations who has a passion for the digital marketing strategy, execution and analytics; very comfortable digging into the details, coupled with a deep understanding of the Martech ecosystem (Marketing Automation, Content Management, CRM, Data Management, Campaign Performance and Web Analytics). They will have a proven record of collaborating effectively to drive positive outcomes at every step in the marketing funnel. The successful candidate will be driven, innovative, bring a highly analytical, cross-channel, and seasoned operational skill set to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel. They are expected to be hands-on with the tools and platforms initially, while driving towards building and growing a support organization over time.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Lead the development and operational execution of digital marketing journeys and tactics on Pardot and/or Marketo. Work with cross-functional groups to create meaningful omni-channel campaign strategies in support of awareness, conversion, acquisition and engagement objectives.
- Drive end-to-end development, execution, testing and support for campaigns in marketing automation system including designing and operationalizing multi-touch campaigns, logic streams, automation rules, creation of segments, forms and landing pages, email content creation, loading and deployment, tagging, utilizing Amp script and applying data personalization in order to customize communications for best results.
- Creation of cloud pages and other web assets, ensure web analytics tagging and tracking on all digital assets across channels
- Define and manage reporting of key performance metrics, campaign insights and recommendations across all channels for ongoing optimization of programs. Guide teams in reporting on specific platforms and programs (e.g., paid media, paid search, web analytics, and more). Ensure all digital campaigns across channels have full lifecycle attribution.
- Data integration, validation and governance across internal and external systems to allow identify and engage customers based on their needs and preferences in collaboration with the broader Marketing & Sales organization. Implement marketing automation to enable long-term engagement and personalized content.
- Establishes processes and protocols for campaign execution, playbooks, ROI measurement, and associated reporting. Utilize A/B testing and data analytics to continuously optimize programs. Maximizes cost-effective operations and carefully monitors and evaluates spending on ongoing basis. Able to develop and manage a budget that includes appropriate funding for all relevant components.
- Manage day to day operations, schedules and costs across multiple projects that deliver high-quality deliverables on time and on budget. Problem solve and possess leadership skills to work with a range of stakeholders, including Marketing, Sales, IT and others.
- Help develop and manage Envestnet’s marketing technology and sales enablement capability stack, optimize use of Salesforce and Pardot as well as evaluating, recommending and implementing new technologies.
- Recruit, direct and motivate a team of subject-matter experts in assigned disciplines. Formulate collaborative relationships with stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, Service, IT and others.
What You Will Bring Along
- 10+ years working and managing digital marketing operations functions including marketing automation, website tagging, experience in email and SMS marketing, website/cloud page development and reporting/analytics.
- Prior hands-on experience with enterprise CRM/Marketing Automation platforms, specific experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Pardot, Google Analytics. Experience with HTML, CSS proficiency a plus. Exposure to Google Tag Manager or other Tag Management Platforms, CMS – ideally Drupal 8, Testing tools - Google Optimize, Optimizely, validation tools – e.g Litmus.
- Experience measuring impact and value of campaigns and touches, using best-practice analytics and testing protocols. Experience with lead gen and multi-touch nurture streams preferred. Strong analytical skills – with clear methodology and a consistent approach.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Deadline and results-driven.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organizational levels, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Envestnet offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.