Senior Data & Analytics Consultant
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet Wealth is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Data & Analytics Consultant to join the Data Product Management team.
If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
The Senior Data & Analytics Consultant role is part consultant, part product manager, part business analyst and part data analyst. This role is a good fit for critical thinkers who like to serve as a hands-on liaison between business stakeholders, product managers, analysts and engineers. You like to see projects and initiatives through from beginning to end and ensure value has been delivered and problems solved. You can see the big picture including how business processes and client needs may be impacted and platform technologies can be applied.
The Senior Data & Analytics Consultant professional will wear different hats depending on the nature and state of the project. The role involves requirements gathering from cross-functional stakeholders, application of critical thinking to ideate feasible solutions, hands on data analysis, and clear concise documentation of findings and recommendations. The role further involves heavy collaboration with the data engineering and analysis delivery team including facilitation of stakeholder engagement and user acceptance testing.
The Senior Data & Analytics Consultant professional must be an expert communicator, comfortable asking questions, persistent in getting answers, skilled in assimilating information and comfortable leading cross functional and international teams. Likewise, they are analytically minded and business oriented and can develop detailed business use-cases and technical requirements alike. The ideal candidate is a self-starter; driven, confident, collaborative, and seeks to continue building their data and analytics product delivery leadership skills and experience in a highly facilitative role.
While you will have support from team members who are specifically expert in data science, data engineering, platform solution architecture/engineering, and project management, you will be personally responsible for the end-to-end oversight and delivery of successful data and analytics initiatives including:
- Directly engage with stakeholders in structured conversations gaining insights to understand what their needs and opinions are.
- Enable and facilitate delivery partnerships with business stakeholders, engineers, analysts, operators, and others as needed to execute cross-functional initiatives
- Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into structured data and analytics use cases
- Ensure all initiatives are aligned with the strategic goals of the company and work is prioritized based on quarterly objectives
- Create engaging, thoughtful and clear presentations and memos
- Execute detailed due diligence and industry research to support methodology development and assessment of solution feasibility for data and analytics initiatives
- Execute SQL queries and use other data and analysis tools, including basic AWS components (QuickSight, Athena/Redshift, etc.) to perform data/analytics due diligence
- Advise and collaborate on project scoping and planning
- Proactively engage in value-add relationships with business stakeholders and clients
- Utilize an agile and iterative problem-solving approach to guide product roadmaps, product definitions, and innovative solutions with cross-functional teams.
- Be intellectually curious and collaborate in piloting new approaches to generate data and analytic value and alignment with business pain points.
- Ensure that Envestnet business stakeholders and clients derive value throughout their engagement with our team
- Ensure that every deliverable “wows” our stakeholders and clients; including pitching in on projects that you aren’t assigned to on a day-to-day basis.
- Help elevate the insights, skills and careers of the team members around you.
- Easy to work with, critical thinker with strong problem solving skills
- 2+ years data analytics and project leadership experience with a consulting firm, internal strategy/analytics group, data product ownership or client-serving role; financial services experience preferred
- At least 4 years’ experience in Wealth Management or Financial Services concentrated in Data
- Demonstrated data and analytics solution design and strong business consulting acumen in applying data and analytics to solve business issues.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain analytical and technical concepts, plans, and roadmaps to business people including C-level executives
- Strong capacity to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues
- Strong data analysis skills; solid knowledge of math, statistics and/or probabilities
- Experience in leading a project with the ability to communicate requirements with the team members and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Experience with agile delivery methodologies and agile team tools such as Jira
- Experience with modern data and analytics technologies such as SQL, EMR, Spark, Hive, Athena, RDBMS, BI/Visualization tools, Lambda, S3, Glue, SageMaker, Redshift
- Open to travel as much as 25% of time
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentive
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Working on global projects with team members all over the world!
- Opportunity to work with top tiered clients, global 500 companies and startups
- Work with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work location with unlimited snacks!