Senior Platform Engineer
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet Wealth is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Platform Engineer to join the Operations / Data Utility team.
If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
A Senior Platform Engineer, specializing in AWS cloud technology, you will be part of a team responsible for building, operating, monitoring, and troubleshooting AWS production systems to ensure uptime and stability, improving existing design and workflows to enhance reliability and performance, and leveraging automation wherever possible to improve productivity and consistency.
A Senior Platform Engineer will work closely with the Development, DevOps, QA and Product Management teams to support the software development lifecycle within the AWS cloud environment. You’ll handle operational requests from those internal departments as well as escalations from the customer service teams focused on the end client support.
- Ensure uptime and reliable performance of all critical production systems in the cloud
- Leverage automation and new technologies to increase productivity and performance
- Assist the other engineering departments with critical (Sev1/Sev2) escalations and defect troubleshooting
- Maintain security best practices, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Build and maintain solutions that enable stakeholders to better leverage AWS services from the core cloud platform, including compute, storage, container, and serverless services.
- Consult with architects, engineers, and developers to continuously improve application architectures and solutions and keep pace with the changing cloud technologies and solutions
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Continually grow skills to enhance your technical expertise with AWS
- Experience supporting a large enterprise environment in a 24x7 high availability scenario
- Minimum of 3 years of experience building AWS cloud native services using EC2, S3, ECS, SQS, API Gateway, Lambda, and AWS Networking technologies etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with ‘infrastructure as code’ using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with CICD pipelines (i.e. Jenkins, Gitlab, or other tools) with building and/or configuring pipelines for build and deployment of software
- Experience with monitoring and logging in a production environment (Splunk, New Relic, CloudTrail, CloudWatch)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to do so in a stressful situation
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting both Windows and Linux based environments
- Understanding of networking (OSI, TCP/IP, load balancing, firewall rule mgmt.)
- Experience working in Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, WSUS)
- Scripting and automation (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment
- Minimum of a 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have:
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Configuration Management systems (PowerShell DSC, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Containerization and Virtualization (Kubernetes, Docker, Citrix)
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and software development lifecycle (Jenkins, GitLab)
- Experience working with Serverless technologies
- Experience on delivery teams that deliver with an Agile mindset
- AWS Certifications are preferred, including Solution Architect Associate, Developer Associate, and SysOps Administrator Associate
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentive
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Working on global projects with team members all over the world!
- Opportunity to work with top tiered clients, global 500 companies and startups
- Work with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work location with unlimited snacks!
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.