Senior Partnerships Director
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet is looking for a strategic leader to own and aggressively expand the Partnership Network relationships and expand the value of our partnership ecosystem, including asset managers, clients and technology partners. This role will lead and expand relationships with an existing portfolio of partners, identify and nurture new partnerships, and coordinate teams across the organization in the execution of co-marketing plans that ensure Envestnet’s growth goals. Our mission is to drive better financial outcomes and make financial wellness a reality for more people.
The ideal candidate will have been successful in both large FI organizations and Enterprise Technology companies. The candidate must demonstrate a track record of success within the financial services and technology sectors. They will also leverage market research and analyze if/how our current products and services meet demands.
- Provide vision and leadership that attracts collaborators and partners.
- Collaborate with our Product, Financial, Legal and Sr. Management teams in the pursuit of your strategic partnerships.
- Motivate and collaborate with a high-performing, cross functional, results-driven team, in support of Envestnet’s vision of financial wellness.
- Strategy & Planning:
- Work with the appropriate internal teams, develop short/long-term partnerships that present a win-win-win for our company, the strategic partner and the clients of our partner.
- Collaborate with and motivate world-class Product, Marketing, and customer service All of our strategic pursuits must be done in alignment with our Product organization and financial plans.
- Develop a financial plan for supporting the overarching sales and corporate targets.
- Collaborate and align product and development roadmap to market demands and expand to new forward-looking opportunities.
- Be the lead Relationship Manager all Envestnet ecosystem partners and ensure each of the relationships is run with operational rigor, transparency, and accountability.
- Develop a partnership marketing strategy in collaboration with Wealth Marketing, Product, and Sales, and Partner teams, that supports the achievement of mutual brand and business objectives.
- Operational Management:
- Work with our Finance team to oversee operating plan, budget, and expenses/ revenue targets.
- Work with Wealth Marketing to create and revise all necessary demand generation and content materials. Establish strategic relationships with other companies/organizations in order to reach ambitious revenue growth.
- Ensure company objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but also owned by the stakeholders in your pursuits.
- Ensure company and its businesses comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate.
- Establish, achieve, and report on financials and milestones as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; master’s degree preferred
- Prior experience in sales efforts preferably with a 10+ year background in working with financial services firms and large technology-based enterprise clients.
- Strong ability to build effective executive relationships.
- Ability to assess the financial impact of deals and opportunities.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both strategically as well as hands-on when problem solving.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Track record of driving revenue and exceeding sales goals.
- Solution-oriented mindset, capable of listening to customers, and developing solutions.
- Strong network in the Fintech space, established and well-connected network of contacts.
- Strong understanding of current integration standards and process.
- Position may require up to 20% travel
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks:
Envestnet offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.