Business Systems Analyst II
Envestnet is seeking a passionate and talented Business Systems Analyst II to join our Capability Management Team.
Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV) is transforming the way financial advice and wellness are delivered. Our mission is to empower advisors and financial service providers with innovative technology, solutions, and intelligence to make financial wellness a reality for everyone.
Since our founding 20 years ago, we are fully vested in helping people live an intelligent financial life. If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
We are looking for a motivated Business Systems Analyst to join Envestnet within the Capability Management team. This BSA will help define product, business, and functional requirements utilizing Agile Scrum practices as part of Envestnet’s development organization. The individual who fills this role will join a team of BSAs who have a passion for Agile methodologies, collaboration, and the continuous delivery of value to the users of Envestnet’s expansive line of product offerings.
- Clearly understand business needs and product requirements to assess actionability and suitability of solutions from stakeholders and provide guidance within engineering team
- Understand and communicate the needs of stakeholders, clients, and product team to create or clarify business and functional requirements for ongoing and future development efforts
- Propose and document solution designs, working iteratively with Engineering and all the stakeholders to refine the solution design
- Coordinate review of solution plans by project stakeholders, development and testing team.
- Write and groom well defined users’ stories and acceptance criteria utilizing vertical/value slicing techniques to facilitate scrum teams’ goal of continuous delivery of value to end users
- Address build-time clarification questions, escalating to other stakeholders as necessary
- Assist in the testing efforts throughout the stages of the development lifecycle to support the team and ensure work meets acceptance criteria while adhering to the Capability Management's definition of done
- Produce and collaborate on documentation throughout development lifecycle
- The right candidate is an outstanding listener, highly organized, and independent, with a proven ability to communicate to clients and stakeholders at all organizational levels
- Adherence to and application of Envestnet legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk
- 3+ years’ experience with Agile Scrum, Extreme Programing (XP), Kanban, or Scaled Agile Software development
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and communication skills required
- Excited about joining a scrum team that emphasizes Agile Scrum methodologies
- Able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Understanding of solution architecture, development processes, and current technologies
- Experienced in supporting multiple teams or projects simultaneously
- Ability to influence as a member of a highly integrated, cross-functional team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Cross-functional Project Management experience working among several groups such as: design, product management, engineering, and business stakeholders.
- Equally at home explaining an engineering team's analyses and recommendations to executives as discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
- Some travel may be required, including overnight stays
- Experience writing vertical/value sliced user stories in order to continuously deliver value
- Experience writing and maintaining technical documentation, including diagrams
- Preferably has a Scrum certification (CSM, CSPO and/or experience using agile methodology)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience required
- Experience working with one or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, iOS/Android mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development
- Ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies, and their relevance to the marketplace
- Understanding and experience with Basic DevOps practice such as CI/CD
- Knowledge of insurance and financial services products preferred
- Experience using Jira and Confluence tracking and collaboration tools
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs while leveraging our platform to grow their businesses and expand client relationships.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Parental Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Program
- Charitable match
- Wellness Program
- Work on global projects with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work locations with unlimited snacks!
The annual base salary range for this position is $63,000 to $140,000.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.