Senior Manager - QA
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Extensive interaction with various stakeholders including functional peer group managers as well as senior management.
- Create test strategy for various functional squads.
- Lead a team of 10-15 people with good hands-on technical experience.
- Strengthen and grow the QA organization.
- Manage the Daily/Weekly activities of the Test Team Members and support the onboarding of new team members
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to team members, colleagues and/or customers
- Contribute to program/project review meetings. Support Quality Assurance Management in determining status, assessing problem areas, suggesting and reviewing corrective actions, directing/planning necessary extra work, and rework and re-plan activities
- Understand, design, create and execute functional and non-functional test cases
- Contribute to process improvements and implement latest trends and techniques in testing
- Work closely with product managers, developers to analyze and solve product issues
- Well versed in working with collaborative tools like Confluence wiki, JIRA.
- Support the production release activities including dry-run certification and verification.
- Drive automation initiative and make sure that there is continuous improvement in overall automation coverage and newly created testcases are getting automated during release cycle.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from top/known universities.
- Candidate should have 15+ years of experience in Software Testing (Manual and Automation) with a solid understanding of Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Defect Reporting & Tracking.
- Should have strong experience in SQL/PL-SQL, Rest Services and API testing.
- Should have strong experience in web based front end & backend testing.
- Should have excellent communication and presentation skills and can willing to go that extra mile to attain perfection.
- Experience in Performance testing , AWS Services and microservices architecture will be an added advantage.
- Should have 5+ years of people management experience. Candidate is expected to work closely with team members, help team grow their careers, resolve conflicts and build a successful QA team which is capable of delivering on multiple fronts.