Product Manager, API & Integration
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet - Wealth Division is seeking a Product Manager, API & Integration. Envestnet’s Open ENV offering extends the availability of Envestnet's solutions, empowering advisors and firms with new opportunities to leverage the complete platform to meet their unique business needs. Open ENV rapidly accelerates the ability to deliver customized implementations through a library of open architecture application programming interfaces (APIs), Single Sign-On, and nightly file extracts. It provides access to a single source of consistent, accurate, mission-critical data and functionality, eliminating manual data entry while ensuring compliance with regulators and corporate controls. Envestnet |Tamarac provides the most comprehensive technology solution for independent RIAs, helping advisors run their businesses with greater efficiency, scale, and profitability.
The Product Manager, API & Integration – Tamarac position is part of the Open ENV Product Group, with primary responsibility for integrations with the Tamarac platform. This person will work closely with the Open ENV Architects and Product Implementations team, along with Tamarac relationship managers, Sales representatives, and the Product Strategy team to define and document solutions to complex business problems using Open ENV. This role requires outstanding listening, organizing, and communication (especially writing) skills. Occasional travel to customer sites, partners and industry events is expected.
Major responsibilities of the role include:
- Problem Analysis and Solution Identification – work with clients, potential clients, strategic technology partners, and internal teams to identify and define robust, scalable, repeatable integration solutions using Open ENV technology
- API Solution Implementation – work with Open ENV consumers to ensure they are implementing an efficient solution using available best practices; establish and attend regular meetings calls to answer questions about the implementation; provide sample workflows and Postman collections where required
- Client and Prospect Support – attend meetings representing Open ENV, produce standard solution presentations, demo scripts, and other tools for strategic partnerships
- Launch Management – ensure strategic partners are prepared for release of new products and functionality within Open ENV
As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet’s established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls, and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with a strong background in Product and Development disciplines, preferably in Financial Services Technology
- At least 3 years of experience with integration technologies, including APIs, SSO, open platform capabilities; prior success implementing APIs to solve large-scale customer business problems
- Passion for clean solution design, clear and concise documentation
- Ability to solve complex problems in a simple, repeatable way
- Business savvy with a technical inclination
- Strong accountability and the desire to always improve
- Extreme attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to thrive in a project-based environment within a lean team
- Self-starter with well-developed interpersonal and influence skills
- Ability to foster collaboration across working teams
- Familiarity with API tools such as Postman, SoapUI, or others is a plus
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.