Financial Reporting Lead
Envestnet is seeking a passionate and talented Financial Reporting Lead to join our Finance team. This position is expected to report to our Denver office on a hybrid schedule.
Envestnet is transforming the way financial advice and wellness are delivered. Our mission is to empower advisors and financial service providers with innovative technology, solutions, and intelligence to make financial wellness a reality for everyone.
Since our founding 20 years ago, we are fully vested in helping people live an intelligent financial life. If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
The Finance Reporting Lead focuses on gathering appropriate data, consolidating, analyzing, and preparing documents related by the government and regulatory agencies for financial reporting, including the preparation of various SEC and internal financial reports including the 10-K Annual Report, 10-Q Quarterly Reports and various 8-K reportable events, including preparation of pro forma financial statements related to acquisitions.
- Prepare and file Forms 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K with the SEC, which includes preparing the consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures and drafting the MD&A
- Research, review, and interpret new disclosures as determined by SEC requirements, or new accounting standards, and advise on improvements to existing disclosures
- Partner with investor relations on quarterly earnings releases and support consolidated management reporting
- Prepare internal and external financial statements, ensuring data integrity and proper accounting
- Research and draft memoranda in support of accounting positions
- Develop and support consolidated management reporting
- Support ERP implementation efforts, including transition to Oracle FCCS
- Support the tax department with ad hoc requests for reports and other financial information.
- Responsible for the consolidation of Envestnet’s subsidiaries in Oracle FCCS.
- Maintain an effective system of internal accounting controls in support of SOX compliance
- Identify potential redundancies in financial reporting processes and partner with manager to streamline processes in adherence to government regulations and procedures
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to finance, legal, shared services, and human resources
- Adherence to and application of Envestnet legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk
- Minimum of 4 years-experience either in a Big 4 Public Accounting Firm or corporate accounting with SEC reporting responsibilities (10-K and 10-Q preparation and filing experience)
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and US GAAP requirements
- Excellent communication, presentation, technology, and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related area
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- CPA required
- Knowledge of foreign currency translation and cons
- Experience in disclosure requirements for M&A transactions
- Knowledge of Oracle and Adaptive Planning software
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs while leveraging our platform to grow their businesses and expand client relationships.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Parental Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Program
- Charitable match
- Wellness Program
- Work on global projects with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work locations with unlimited snacks!
The annual base salary range for this position is $88,000 to $132,000.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV).