VP, Client Billing
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet Wealth, is looking for a motivated VP, Client Billing to oversee the day-to-day client billing processing and associated financial reporting. This position is essential to ensuring the highest level of organizational and financial reporting accuracy through the maintenance of internal systems and adherence to established processes.
- Responsible for the oversight of the end-to-end client billing process.
- Ensure all billing, cash application and credit/collection processes are executed timely and accurately. Ensure procedures are documented and team trained for execution.
- Define and Implement SLA’s and KPI’s and ensure a meet or exceed execution. Develop reporting to support performance.
- Work closely with Sales, Operations, Client Services, Finance and Accounting to ensure alignment and proper end to end processing, particularly with change efforts.
- Learn and comprehend our systems (Proprietary Billing and Financial ERP) and work closely with Technology teams to drive improvements.
- Be the lead business stakeholder on migration or upgrades to billing systems. Ensure requirements are documented, built for, well-understood and tested before launch.
- Present creative problem-solving techniques to address business needs appropriately.
- Establish a customer focused escalation process that addresses concerns timely and accurately and provides management with visibility to issues.
- Participate in month-end financial closing activities, reconciliation of associated billing balance sheet accounts and complete revenue analytics.
- Proactively seek out and communicate opportunities to continuously improve, standardize and streamline the company’s client billing process.
- Recruit, coach and retain great talent. Inspire and motivate the team.
- A self-starter with the ability to work with autonomy. Be able to translate business goals into plans.
- Ensure SOX compliance with proper documentation and controls.
- Respond to Billing System Audit findings and implement remediation plans as directed.
- Participates in and contributes to a culture of inclusion that encourages teamwork, collaboration and peer support, ensuring respect and support of all types of individuals.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of U.S. GAAP as applicable; ensures the team follows approved technical accounting policies; assists with the implementation of approved new technical accounting policies.
- Review, investigate, document and correct errors and inconsistencies in the client billing processing and its associated impact on financial reporting.
- Ensure billing is compliant with client contracts and accounting policies.
- Lead various special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 10+ years of billing experience, 5+ years in a leadership role.
- A high degree of organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Technical and operational knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Prior experience working in Financial Services and/or a Software/SaaS company preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter and energetic in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, works well under pressure, highly detail oriented, self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvement.
- Experience with large ERP (ex: Oracle financial systems, SAP) and Billing within a large ERP.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office software tools.
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Compensations, Benefits, & Perks:
Envestnet offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.