Investment Product Consultant
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
- Envestnet - Wealth Division is seeking a Investment Product Consultant. The Investment Product Consultant, a key member of the Solutions distribution team, will be responsible for supporting Envestnet sales organization expand PMC revenue through the promotion and bundling of PMC investment solutions and service. This role will support two External Investment Product Consultants in an effort to promote and distribute the array of PMC / QRG products and services including identifying the appropriate product offering, pricing model and value proposition for given client segments. The role will work cross-functionally and closely with investment management, product management, sales, and engineering stakeholders to distribute to the marketplace.
- The priorities for this position include supporting Investment Product Directors abilities to drive PMC AUM through scheduling, proposal generation and general advisor assistance.
- The role requires an entry level understanding of asset management business strategy, product distribution strategies and the intersection of investment management with wealth management and financial planning.
- Assisting Investment Product Consultants with the Promotion and Expansion of PMC/QRG Strategies to a broader audience (The primary metric here is driving AUM in PM/QRG products.)
- Develop, enhance and drive execution of the distribution strategy for PMC/QRG products (both on-platform and off)
- Identify, evaluate and execute on significant new product distribution opportunities
- Identify opportunities to bundle QRG / PMC investment solutions in ways that expand our market – for example, the complimentary nature of overlay services and QP index replication.
- Assisting Investment Product Consultant with the extension of Tamarac's capability set to include Investment Solutions and Services (The primary metric here is AUM derived revenue and Investment services revenue from the Tamarac Client base.)
- Help Distribute and consult on PNC products and additional ENV Managed Account capabilities such as…Tax / Impact Overlay in the UMA; Expanded use of QP's as a replacement to current index replication (dual contract) providers and development and promotion of a Small Account Solution for TAM clients - leading to a FSP implementation
- Assisting Investment Product Consultant with New Investment Program / Product Distribution: play a product consulting role in driving new investment programs that package our capabilities to marketplace.
- This may include distribution of Impact investing programs, small account solutions, tax sensitive investing program, etc.
- Help distribute PMC and other investment solutions to the marketplace
- General Responsibilities:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, emerging technologies, competitors, and strategic relationships/partnerships.
- Where appropriate, educate, mentor, and share knowledge with the organization’s management, internal staff, partners, customers, and prospects with regard to the company’s RIA strategy, opportunities, and challenges.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Tamarac and Envestnet to develop, inform, and ensure buy-in of proposed solutions.
- Participate in industry events and conferences.
- Help to define and maintain quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field of study
- CFA Level 1 or 2 candidates preferred, CIMA, or willingness to engage CFA Program
- 1 - 3 years of experience in the financial services industry with at least 1 years in client contact capacity
- To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following essential competencies:
- Commitment to provide positive client experience and reinforce PMC’s image as a financial services provider
- Possess ability to position to advisors a complex and diverse set of investment products
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Effective and concise communicator, both verbal and written
- Possess ability to prioritize and maintain multiple client requests
- Make decisions and implement solutions based on a thorough understanding of the capital markets, the platforms’ products and investment processes
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Envestnet offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.