Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet Wealth is seeking a SDET III.
Bird’s eye view of your role –We are looking for a detail-oriented, client-focused, experienced software test engineer to bullet-proof our cutting edge software product solutions for investment professionals. Excellent candidates will be collaborative, continually improving, and work well in a rapidly growing, vibrant workplace. Your role will work very closely with the members of a cross-functional delivery team and will be focused on creating and maintaining test automation, while reporting qualitative results against established goals. Specifically, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of test automation tools and frameworks to create automated tests.
What will you bring?
You are a team player that works with minimal supervision and you work closely with engineering, product management, and quality assurance peers to deliver high quality complex solutions. You continually seek to improve the efficiency of our approaches and processes. You have a passion for quality and have demonstrated your skills in one or more of the following areas: software development, test engineering, DevOps, and building automation frameworks. This is an opportunity you do not want to miss! Great team, great company, and a great place to learn and grow.
What competencies do you have?
Commitment to quality, team success, superb skills, responsiveness and a sense of humor!
You will have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET
- Experience with SQL, WCF, ASP.NET, and .NET
- Experience with API testing tools such as SOAPUI/ReadyAPI!, Postman, or vREST
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and tools such as xUnit, SQLUnit, RhinoMock, or Typemock
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Professional experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with load and scalability tools such as JMeter, BlazeMeter, SilkPerformer, or LoadRunner
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Design, develop, and extend test architecture and frameworks that facilitate unattended validation of delivered products, services, and interfaces.
- Articulate and advocate for best-of-class design, development, and testing practices that enable automated validation at all levels of the product’s architecture.
- Enable and collaborate with the QA staff to increase automated test coverage through enabling code frameworks and tools, training, and paired programming.
- Work effectively with developers, management and team members to clarify needs and testing requirements of major product changes, future versions and new products
- Provide responsive support to escalated customer issues
How will your goals be translated into specific actions / short term goals?
- Within first 30 days, you will quickly get familiarized with architecture, systems and current process and tools
- By the end of the first quarter, you should be able to contribute to the successful delivery of a feature
What’s in it for you?
- Learn, explore and contribute towards technologies, organization and self-growth by working with technology experts and architects within the organization
- Participate, grow and influence design and feature delivery on various products across the organization
- Work on new technologies
- Be a member of a leading fintech company, innovators in personal finance management and aggregation space and products innovation company
- Earn a competitive compensation package with unique benefits and facilities
Envestnet | Tamarac is an Equal Opportunity Employee