Big Data Solution Architect
We are looking for Big Data Solution Architect to expand our workforce. You will be a decisive part of a kick-ass, cross-functional agile team, consisting of Developers and Testers.
You will take part and lead one of the most exciting teams of passionate and skillful Big Data engineers. Become responsible for developing and shaping the future, proposing architectural innovations, presenting ideas and taking part in their implementation. Work closely with the Architecture Owners and discuss different approaches. Those are challenges that you will be faced with on a daily basis.
- Architecture, plan, expand and optimise big-data software environments containing Hadoop, NoSQL, Hive, HBase, Sqoop and other ecosystem tools.
- Work closely with business, engineering, architecture owners and data science teams on architecting and deploying new big data solutions.
- Maintain current reporting solution based on MySQL database
- Build strong team of developers that will both maintain current and participate in future reporting
- Develop big-data configurations, architectural diagrams, and proposals as needed.
- Provide integration with analytical tools such as Tableau.
- Stay current with new development in big data (e.g. Spark, Shark, Pig, Hive) and propose enhancements to the big data stack.
- At least 5 years of work experience in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in managing complex, distributed systems.
- Experience with major Hadoop or BigQuery distribution systems
- Experience with ingest tools such as Sqoop and flume, as well as ETL and data normalisation.
- Understanding of Columnar and NoSQL Databases such as HBase, Vertica, and MongoDB
- Experience with hardware selection and capacity planning
- Understanding of common system monitoring tools
- Experience with Java, Scala
Nice to Have:
- Proven experience with Linux OS
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning skills (TCP/IP, storage, security, etc)
- Experience with LDAP
- Experience with Python or other languages a plus